Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you are on pa you shouldn't have anything

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 530 Replies
12 moms liked this
I can't wrap my head around why people think like this. I know those who make the post bring in on but seriously. People are told to sell their extra car if they have 2. Any gaming systems, tv's, they shouldn't have cell phones, laptops ect.. why; why should they sell everything? Especially if it was bought before pa.
they are told no internet, cable.nothing. I just don't understand why people think they should sell everything and have nothing. A lot of people on pa are hsrd working and deserve a little fun as well.

I forgot to add. I have also heard if you are on pa you shouldn't save to buy your children Christmas. Why? Do you not think the children deserve Christmas gift..
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM
66 moms liked this
PA doesn't bother me. I mean, if the government did away with PA completely, do people really think their taxes would go down one red cent? They wouldn't. The govt would just waste it some other way. It wouldn't make a bit of difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:23 AM
8 moms liked this
If a welfare recipient has a flat screen tv or a iphone that doesn't matter. On the today show they showed a rich couple who was receiving food stamps and cash assistance from two states. They pulled the husbands tax return and bank accounts and found out he spend $25k on cell phone bills and fine dining in one month! Now that's a real rip off of the system. Who cares about XYZ getting a little bit of money while her baby daddy works at Walmart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM
30 moms liked this
PA is eroding the work ethic in this country. Everyone thinks they are entitled to certain things. Gaming systems, cars, cable tv, cell phones, ipads and internet service, even being a Sahm mom are luxuries, not rights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM
5 moms liked this
More $500 toilet seats for congress!

Quoting Anonymous: PA doesn't bother me. I mean, if the government did away with PA completely, do people really think their taxes would go down one red cent? They wouldn't. The govt would just waste it some other way. It wouldn't make a bit of difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM

whatever i think that's stupid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
5 moms liked this
I agree.
There are those who do nothing and have expensive phones blah blah.
I hate hearing some one say "I just got df an xbox 360 and a bunch of games" and then a week later "I'm sooo broke"
That being said there are a lot of working poor in this country and most likely the people with those opinions usually ARE welfare recipients and talk big (especially online) just to have something to argue about.
As for "furthering education blah blah"
Who is going to do these jobs if everyone gets a better job.
There are just some people out there you cannot make happy no matter what you do or say.
I have on more than one occasion considered coming in here making a big post about being a vaccinating circumsizing breast and formula feeding ex welfare recipient who's kids believe in Santa and Jesus.
And then stepping back and watching. Jut to get a featured post lol

Those may or may not be my actual views or actions. But you know that post would BLOW UP.
LOL
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
15 moms liked this
Because it is their duty to do everything they can to help themselves firtst, and also to reduce the burden on the taxpayers they're about to start leeching off of.

Quoting Anonymous: I can't wrap my head around why people think like this. I know those who make the post bring in on but seriously. People are told to sell their extra car if they have 2. Any gaming systems, tv's, they shouldn't have cell phones, laptops ect.. why; why should they sell everything? Especially if it was bought before pa.
they are told no internet, cable.nothing. I just don't understand why people think they should sell everything and have nothing. A lot of people on pa are hsrd working and deserve a little fun as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
12 moms liked this
But even after you sell everything, you're still broke and on PA. Soooo.....

Quoting Anonymous: PA is eroding the work ethic in this country. Everyone thinks they are entitled to certain things. Gaming systems, cars, cable tv, cell phones, ipads and internet service, even being a Sahm mom are luxuries, not rights.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
9 moms liked this
If they had it before pa they shouldn't have to sell it and a phone is a need and cell phones are often cheaper than land lines and a car is a need especially if you live somewhere without public trans or you work in a different town.
internet sevice is a need especially if you have preteens and teen children.

Quoting Anonymous: PA is eroding the work ethic in this country. Everyone thinks they are entitled to certain things. Gaming systems, cars, cable tv, cell phones, ipads and internet service, even being a Sahm mom are luxuries, not rights.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN