Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about marriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

Me and DH have been together 8 years have been married 5 yrs come July. However we did a courthouse shot gun no one was there type of wedding becuase dh was getting deployed and we just got married to have the paperwork in order. We have always said we are married but we dont feel we are actually married becuase we didnt do it the way we want to do. so my question is

IS IT WIERD TO GET DIVORCED SO THAT WE CAN GET MARRIED THE PROPER WAY?

I am only asking becuase dh has been mentioning getting married the right way and he asked me if I would divorce him so we can do it the right way.

Also is there a cheap and easy way to get divorced so that we can do it the right way.

and by right way I mean the way we feel is right for us. (as to not offend anyone)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM

whats the right way to get married and why get divorced  when it cost

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Just throw yourself a wedding, lol.
JNixon92599
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Why not just do a vow renewal? You can plan it be exactly as you want--you can have the whole wedding experience if you want. Getting divorced JUST to get remarried in the way you want is a bit...unneccessary. 

aehutmacher
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Divorce just to remarry seems like a terrible waste of money, even if it is "cheap". Spend that money on your remarriage.

just renew your vows but do it up right. The divorce seems like a wasted step.

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM

You need to already be married to do the ceremony anyways so I don't understand the divorce. Just have the ceremony. 

Freela
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Why don't you just do a vow renewal party?  Getting divorced for the sake of getting married in a better ceremony seems costly and pointless to me!

aehutmacher
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I might add that second marriages are a lot more likely to end in divorce, so divorcing first might jinx your relationship. ;)

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM

What? I would never get divorced just to get remarried. Just have a huge anniversary party. You can even get a beautiful dress for the party, and flowers etc.

kns2004
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Dont get divorced, thats silly. Just get married like renew your vows on your anniversary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Just do the ceremony.

A wedding is just a day. A marriage is a lifetime. DH and I got married at the courthouse, and we are just as married as anyone who had a big expensive ceremony.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)