Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When it comes to the Maid of Honor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
How many and what sort of responsiblities do I put on her? I've NEVER been in a wedding, and she has only been in one so neither of us really have much of a clue on how things go lol. I just don't want her overwhelmed with too much.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:56 AM
My maid if honor didn't do too much. She got her own dress and went for hair and make up when I did, then we drove together to the service.

I didn't have her organized anything or throw any parties.
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Traditionally, her role is to help out with anything you need. Address invites, attend dress fittings, anything you need.

On wedding day her job is to try and keep you calm, hold the grooms ring until the ceremony, bustle you dress, name stress you get to easy Something and stay hydrated, etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I'm having a pretty big wedding with the parties and all.

Quoting Danesmommy1: My maid if honor didn't do too much. She got her own dress and went for hair and make up when I did, then we drove together to the service.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM
I had a ginormous wedding. My mom and did everything though.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm having a pretty big wedding with the parties and all.

Quoting Danesmommy1: My maid if honor didn't do too much. She got her own dress and went for hair and make up when I did, then we drove together to the service.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM
My MOH couldn't help with much since she lives 4 hours away from me.
I paid for everything since she wasn't working and had no money. I paid for her tickets here and home (train), dress, hair, make-up, shoes and jewelry.
She did help with the stag and doe since she was here for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Whew, awesome lol. I plan to type up a list for her and put a little binder together with various ideas/things for the wedding to help her stay organized. I just want her to enjoy the whole thing as well without being super stressed.

Quoting alexsmomma06: Traditionally, her role is to help out with anything you need. Address invites, attend dress fittings, anything you need.

On wedding day her job is to try and keep you calm, hold the grooms ring until the ceremony, bustle you dress, name stress you get to easy Something and stay hydrated, etc.
nurbabe82
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I was  the maid of honor in 2 of my friends' weddings. To be honest, I didn't do a lot. Went with them to look at dresses, helped with decorating, helped with addressing envelopes, things like that. Things I would have done even if I hadn't been the maid of honor.

mysticatgal
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Mine did a shower and bachelorette party with help from my other bridesmaids. She came dress shopping to find one she liked and buy it. She also helped keep people organized the day of with pictures and helped do invites along with a speech. It depends on your wedding and what you expect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Ohh. My mom is just along for the ride, so to speak lol.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I had a ginormous wedding. My mom and did everything though.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm having a pretty big wedding with the parties and all.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM

My Matron of Honor designed and printed my invites and she helped out with the wedding when I needed her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)