Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's so hard to find shorts that meet school dress code requirements for my daughter!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
My daughter is 13 and the school says shorts have to be even with their fingertips. They check all girls who come to school in shorts for this.

Well, it's hard as hell to find short that meet that. Either they make them to ride their vaginas or they're an inch or two too short of the fingertip rule.

Does anyone know if they even make them to meet this? At this point she's wearing jeans and capris but it's a shame I can't find shorts that are even with her fingertips. She has several that look ok to me but because they are literally an inch shorter than her fingertips and she can't wear them to school. And yes she's tried and got a warning, happens again she gets a detention.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Kohl's, Macy's, etc.  Don't shop at the "teen oriented" shops.

bcoll
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Has she tried Justice? My almost 12 year old can still wear their shorts and while they have the short ones, they also have knee length. (She won't wear them shorter than that) Kohls also carries a decent selection of longer jean and fabric ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
We just got shorts there but they are like an inch too short. If she hunches over just slightly they meet her fingertips

Quoting Anonymous:

Kohl's, Macy's, etc.  Don't shop at the "teen oriented" shops.

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I feel her pain. I'm not tall but I was super skinny with long legs and arms. Finding shorts that met that rule was darn near impossible. What about boys shorts?
Chunkymunkey922
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
What about those Bermuda shorts?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:26 PM
We don't have a justice and I will have to go back to mohls and look. The pairs we got recently are just a tad too short

Quoting bcoll:

Has she tried Justice? My almost 12 year old can still wear their shorts and while they have the short ones, they also have knee length. (She won't wear them shorter than that) Kohls also carries a decent selection of longer jean and fabric ones.

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Bermuda shorts are long enough

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Look? This was the rule when k was in school too

Unless she has gorilla arms most normal shorts should be fine
CByxbe
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Get the shorts that go right to the knee...I forget their name. Longer then shorts and shorter than capris.old navy have them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)