• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD missed her field trip and I feel horrible about it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Today DD was being slow getting ready for school. We got to the bus stop just as it was pulling away. I ran after it but the drive wouldnt stop.

I dont have my car today and DH cant come home for work. I called my mom but she couldnt come and bring her to school, i called everyone else to see if anyone would drive her to school real quick but I had no luck

Today of all days she had the field trip she was excited for but now she cant go. She has been upset about it all morning.  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aimesnyc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

No reason for you to feel horrible - she was the one being slow.  It sucks, but it's a good way for her to learn to get herself ready in the morning more quickly.

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM

this

Quoting aimesnyc:

No reason for you to feel horrible - she was the one being slow.  It sucks, but it's a good way for her to learn to get herself ready in the morning more quickly.

jjessers :)

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I bet she'll pick up the pace next time...
aschwarz06
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
She won't be slow again. Today was a perfect day for her to miss to teach her a lesson
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I just feel bad seeing her this way

I did turn it into a teaching moment and had her set her alarm for 10 minutes early from now on but this is the ONLY field trip they will have this year so it still sucks

Quoting aimesnyc:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM

This is why I have my own car. The school wouldn't take that as an excuse here as to why a child wasn't at school.

Sorry, my child wouldn't move fast enough and well she missed school....yeah, our school would be a bitch about it.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Well....that is a natural consequence.  How old is she?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
I guess next time she won't dawdle. Turn this into a teaching moment momma and don't feel bad. Her choice. Her consequence.

One of my favorite sayings: you are free to make your choices but, you are not free from the consequences of that choice.
suzanneyea
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Kids miss the school bus every day, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why I have my own car. The school wouldn't take that as an excuse here as to why a child wasn't at school.

Sorry, my child wouldn't move fast enough and well she missed school....yeah, our school would be a bitch about it.

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM
She should have gotten up and ready for school on time. It isn't your fault it is hers. She apparently wasn't too excited for the trip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)