Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's wrong with me?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 18 Replies
In all seriousness, I'm not sure if it's normal or not since I just had a baby 4 months ago or if I need to be tested, and if I do what I should be tested for:
I'm always exhausted. Not just tired. There are mornings I literally cannot function. I'm sleeping around 7 hours a night. I have felt a few times like I am going to pass out. Like in standing there and I black out for a second and jolt forward. I eat pretty healthy - stay away from processed foods. I drink up to 100 oz of water a day since I am breastfeeding. I am taking prenatals. I try to work out but I just don't have the energy. We were able to get out for a walk the other day but now we are looking at snow again so won't be getting outside.

Any serious ideas or what could help me are greatly appreciated!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM

sounds like ppd( thats how i was for the longest time idk that was a symptom of it noone undestood i finally went to the dr and got some help)

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Sounds like life with a newborn to me. Are you generally happy? Just tired?
Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM
I'm very happy and for the first time in a long time for the most part stress free. I had my thyroid checked a couple years ago and it was okay. I'm almost wondering if my iron is low

Quoting sugareemommee: Sounds like life with a newborn to me. Are you generally happy? Just tired?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Sounds like you have a newborn, lol. It does get easier eventually.

It wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor about it.
mary716
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:08 PM
If you had iron issues in the adt, that coukd very well be it. Try sneaking in sime naps here and there.
Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I've had two newborns before and it was never this bad. That's why I confused

Quoting Danesmommy1: Sounds like you have a newborn, lol. It does get easier eventually.

It wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I'd still have my thyroid checked. Could be.

Quoting Cassie2115: I'm very happy and for the first time in a long time for the most part stress free. I had my thyroid checked a couple years ago and it was okay. I'm almost wondering if my iron is low

Quoting sugareemommee: Sounds like life with a newborn to me. Are you generally happy? Just tired?
TXHulaMama
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? A vitamin D deficiency can cause exhaustion, as well as other things and it is not something that is typically checked on blood work.

Cassie2115
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:11 PM
My iron was a 10-11 for most of the second half of my pregnancy, even with me taking two iron pills a day. But shortly after my csection I was a 14. I haven't had it checked yet

Quoting mary716: If you had iron issues in the adt, that coukd very well be it. Try sneaking in sime naps here and there.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Maybe low iron?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)