Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I only see my grandson once a year

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Today my grandson turns three. I was there when my sd was hospitalized for a month with pre-eclampsia. Her father is chronically ill and her mother had just had major surgery the day beofre and wasn't alllowed to be on her feet. So I stepped up and kept my sd company for the month every time her boyfriend worked

I was there when they induced labor, over 3 days, as she had intense pains, couldn't move past 3 cm, and finally had to have a c-section. I held the baby, took family pics, cheered on the new parents.

I was there when the baby had his first birthday, supplying food and drink, and party supplies, had his first easter with a basket and held him so his parents and aunts and uncles could look for the eggs I hid for them.

Now I'm not there because dsd's father and I split. Because I made one remark to the boyfriend that since he wears his pants so low that maybe employers wouldn't offer him a job.

I've seen him twice since. One time when my dsd came to pick up my other dsd who lives with me, and the other time when dsd came over to pick up Christmas presents.

I've tried to talk to dsd, but she says her bf doesn't like me, she is too busy, etc. I've given up trying to be a part of their lives. It hurts too much.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM

When people divorce the step kids don't always stick around.  I don't speak to my moms ex husband not because I dislike him but I have a big family and barely have time for the biological relatives let alone step family that isn't really family anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM

15 years. I raised that child, and opened my home when she could no longer live with her mother and step-father. I was more than "just"  a step-mom. I am sad today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM

As a step mother I know how hard it is. I am soo sorry you are going through that, once you love a child you love that child for life whether you birthed them or not :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)