• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bird people I need help!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

This is digger our African Grey parrot. We inherited him in June when fil passed away. He does really well with dh. Me not so much. Dh can hold him, pet him, reach in his cage. I feed him from hand but when I get enough nerve to pet him I usually get bit. ... dh works allot so digger doesn't get as much attention as we would like. Can anyone give me tips on how i can get him to trust me and interact more? I know he can sense my fear and that's probably the issue.
I'm an animal person if that helps any. I haven't come across one that I don't love lol. I have given him time to get used to us and other than this he's wonderful in our home.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda7409
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Bump
Amanda7409
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Bump
Amanda7409
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM
B
Amanda7409
U
Amanda7409
M
Amanda7409
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM
P
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Greys have so much personality. Is it just you he has an issue with or all women?
Matka_Kinder
by Tina on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Is he allowed to be out of his cage and just chilling with the family without being played with? Do you talk to him without getting too close?

Amanda7409
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:27 PM
His first owner wasa woman. She passed away and fil got him. He only had him about a year.

Quoting egyptian_mommy: Greys have so much personality. Is it just you he has an issue with or all women?
Amanda7409
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I open his cage as soon as I get up and we close it at bedtime. He has complete free Rome but only flies around the room once a week or so unless something scares him (like a loud noise). He does a circle and lands back on his cage.

Quoting Matka_Kinder:

Is he allowed to be out of his cage and just chilling with the family without being played with? Do you talk to him without getting too close?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)