• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you buy this house? PIX!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM
  • 71 Replies

"Nice open floor plan, granite countertops, Italian appliances. The yard is absolutely fabulous," said Lubinski.

Large picture windows light the spacious living room. A wood-burning fireplace is the centerpiece of a comfortable family room. The cozy bedroom has its own fireplace and from nearly every room of the ranch style home there is a breathtaking view across northern Summit County across the National Park.

The house has a lot to offer, including a history.

"It has a colorful past to say the least. It was actually the childhood home of Jeffrey Dahmer. It's actually the home where he committed his first murder," said Lubinski.

Dahmer moved into the home with his parents when he was 8 years old.

Not long after graduating from Revere High School, he took 18-year-old Steven Mark Hicks to the home where Hicks was killed and dismembered.

Dahmer later moved from the house, ultimately settling in Wisconsin where he killed most of his 17 victims over a time span of 13 years.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Yeah no.
StytchWytch
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Nope.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:18 PM
4 moms liked this
It is way too small for my family. But who lives in it and what they did before me, does not impact my decision on house buying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM

no it would creep me out to much knowing someone was murder there

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No. I'm too sensitive to that stuff and I think kids are sensitive too.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Nah, mines better and murder free ;)
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM
I read about this a few days ago & I would if it was a good deal. I think it was $275,000? I don't know if that's much of a deal for the area or not.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM

If someone was murdered in it, I can say for 100% I couldn't buy it.

Our very first home ended up in a situation like that. During the option period I went over a met the neighbor who told me what happened in the home. A single mother of two was killed by her teen daughter and her boyfriend. She was hit with a baseball bat in the upstairs hall, thoat cut and left for days before her children were found in her car headed for Canada. Cops went in a found her pooled in blood of course..

I prayed and tried to move past it bc we loved the home but couldn't come to terms. Still sickened by the fact the because it was bank owned they were forced to disclouse nothing on the home! That is not something that would bother everyone but it should be shared.

RADmomma
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM
If it fit my family sure.
I don't care what happened there before us. It's a house... It didn't murder someone...
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Nope
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)