Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't like my 3 year old.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

It sounds horrible but it's true. He is such a little terror. He is sweet and nice about 20% of the time and the other 80% he is being a little nightmare. I have 4 other kids besides him and they are all great, for the most part. I mean... all kids have their moments but he is just bad 24/7. The only one that ever came close is my oldest. When he was 3-4 he went through a very destructive/defiant stage for about a year or so and it sucked but it wasn't even close to what my 3 year old is like now. My oldest was diagnosed with ADHD/ODD when he was 5 and now takes medication for it which has helped him a ton... and I feel like we may be headed down that road with my 3 year old too. He just has this way about him that can make your blood boil. Sometimes I get so mad at him I feel like my head is about to explode. He gets my heart racing and my blood pressure through the roof. I just can't stand dealing with him sometimes.

I don't even know how to describe him. He's just... bad. He will do exactly what you tell him NOT to do and then look you right in the eye and give you this shit eating grin like he's thinking "Ha ha. Whatcha gonna do about it?" He hits, kicks, pushes, yells, says "I hate you" every time he doesn't get his way. He tells me NO on a regular basis. Every day after lunch/preschool it is nap time. Getting him to lay down is a nightmare. His twin sister lays down and goes right to sleep. He fights me for 1-2 hours sometimes.

Here is how it went down today. He got home from preschool and I had them go pee, get a drink, etc. Then I turned on Yo Gabba Gabba and had them lay down, like I do every day. He kept saying he had to pee. Like 4 times in a row. And every time I let him go he would go in the bathroom and eat tooth paste, run the sink full of water and play in it, etc. Then trying to get him back in the living room to lay back down was a challenge... every single time. Then every time I leave the room or turn my back he would run upstairs to his room and I'd have to go chase after him, bring him back and lay him back down while he is kicking and screaming that he doesn't wanna take a nap.

I can't think of anymore specific situations right now but he is just driving me crazy. Literally. I am losing my patience fast. Today I finally lost it with him and told him to shut up. I never EVER say that to my kids... or anyone. Then I told him I wished I could just go drop him off in the woods somewhere and let him live with the wild animals.

Yeah... I feel bad now. But good lord... I am at the end of my rope with him. I told him if he keeps acting like this no one is going to like him or want to be around him. He ran back upstairs again when I went to pee and this time I just said fuck it. I'm not going after him. I'm tired of fighting him. At least if he is upstairs watching TV, he is out of my hair for the moment. God... I just don't even know what to do with him anymore.

It sounds mean but sometimes I just imagine how much easier life would be if I only had the four other kids :(

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM

BUMP!

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my.
Well it's a sucky age. A very trying age.
No works wonders. Don't let him.run things.
Good luck..
veggiemom474
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM

ok, no advice for what you posted, but please do not allow him to eat toothpaste. Fluoride is extremely toxic, and can cause all sorts of issue's in his little body. And so are many of the other chemicals in toothpaste.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM

if you rant like this on here. I cant  imagine what you do at home....

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

3 is way worse then 2 in my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM

It's kids tooth paste. I don't think it even has flouride in it.

Quoting veggiemom474:

ok, no advice for what you posted, but please do not allow him to eat toothpaste. Fluoride is extremely toxic, and can cause all sorts of issue's in his little body. And so are many of the other chemicals in toothpaste.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Tl;dr
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The 4's are worse!
mericanbelle18
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Stephen Colbert eating popcorn

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think people that say they like their three year olds are liars or their kid will be awful at four instead. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)