Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex wants 50/50

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

My ex wants 50/50 of our girls he lives about an hour and a half away. This I do not mind because they already go to private school so the school will be fine with it. The downside is I do not drive. I live in a state where you can walk everywhere and there are buses and public transportation.

Ex wants one of my family members to do all the transporting. He is the one who moved away so he could be with his long distance girlfriend.I am all for 50/50 as long as he transports because I cannot.

Advice? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:21 PM
How is 50/50 going to work if he lives that far away?
Whisper4271
by Sunshiney on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM

That's a hard one other than I applaud you for being open to it.

If you have family that is willing to do it, I would maybe ask ex to help with travel expenses or take on the whole expense since he moved.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Whats with all these 50/50 posts today?
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Are you the one with the costody post?

Usually costody is taken to court. I would tell the judge that you are fine with it but would rather that he had to do all the transporting.

With my sons father, he can see his son whenever he wants. We both agree no over nights yet. He comes and takes him when he wants and can come over anytime.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM
This sounds familiar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM
You suck if you allow it.
chicagoliz
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM

He is the one who moved away, so he should figure out the transportation issue.  

Maybe it would make more sense for the kids to do longer periods of time at each house?  Like a week at each house, switching on the weekends, instead of every three days or something.  

There's got to be a way to work it out.  If not you could try a mediator.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Are there busses that go to where he lives? Any way to meet him halfway?
Regardless of who moved where, usually judges will say either you two meet half way, or one person does one way, the other person does the other way. They don't normally put transportation solely on one parent, although it has happened.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Why?

Quoting Anonymous: You suck if you allow it.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
If he lives an hour away 50/50 is not going to work. My ex lives an hour and a half away and he has to pick up our daughter and drop her off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)