Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Ex husband just had a newborn and now he wants my dd to drop out of private school...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

And make her go to private school and I refuse to take her out of a good private school that she's been going to since kindergarten ! Just because you had a baby with your girlfriend and she's a full time SAHM why should my daughter suffer! Now he says he is going to talk to lawyer to what he can legally do about the situation .

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM

BUMP!

Tuned.Out
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Is there a court order in place stating that he is to pay for this particular private school for a set time period (certain age, graduation)?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM

What's the financial agreement that you two have legally? Is paying for private school part of that?

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM
U mean drop out of private and go to public? What grade is she in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM

so is she going to a diffrent private school or did u mean she was to go to public

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM
In most states children that were born after a divorce don't affect the support paid for the original children.
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM

im sorry :(

is he CO'd to help pay for it? idk i would just hope for the best at court. talk to an attorney.

i just had a baby last year and my SO has not flaked on any of his obligations to his older kids from his ex. they arent in private school. if that was something that was important to the two of them for their kids while married they should try to make things work when divorced. i would disagree if this was something you only wanted AFTER splitting and he wasnt down with it though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Well he has no legal obligation to keep paying for it. If you want her to go to private school you pay for it.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

so the money he would spend on a good private school will be going to a attorney?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)