Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

monthly OB appointments

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 39 Replies
Is this normal? My OB wants me to come in every 4 weeks, I don't remember doing this while pregnant with ds.

How often did you see your OB while pregnant?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OvenInUse
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I will be 34 weeks tomorrow and I went every 4 weeks up until 32 weeks. Now it's every 2 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Did you have sonograms every appointment?

Quoting OvenInUse: I will be 34 weeks tomorrow and I went every 4 weeks up until 32 weeks. Now it's every 2 weeks.
AZHOTMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Every month till my 8 month, then twice that month, then weekly till delivery.

shaye
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I rememeber going in every month at first for all of my kids and I started in 2000-2001....  I am not goin in that often though. didn't go in till 10 weeks, and I am not goin back in till 1 day short of 19 next week. I have no complications or issues so really I see no reason to make visits that often.   I think for those who have risks, the 4 weeks thing is a good idea. 

olivejuice2
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Once a month starting at 10-12 weeks, then every 2 weeks starting at about 36 weeks.
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I saw my OB weekly,some times twice weekly but I was very high-risk.I'm pretty sure every 4 weeks is normal.

smurfy88
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I'm 23 weeks and I have been going every 4 weeks.
WhiteRose24
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
With my first two it was once every 4 weeks.
With my youngest it was once a month until I bled real bad at 3 months. Then it was every week.
Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
This. My next appointment will be the start of my third trimester appointments, so i'll be seeing my OB every two weeks starting the 15th

Quoting olivejuice2: Once a month starting at 10-12 weeks, then every 2 weeks starting at about 36 weeks.
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM
With my first son, I was seeing my OB every week! I was also getting an ultrasound biweekly.

With my twins it was jusl like that and the further I got a long the more frequent the visits got.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)