• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

So my 10 year old dd has depression.  One of the things we have done for her besides medication was several years ago with her pedi's recommendation, we adopted a puppy from the animal shelter.  My dd loves her dog and when she is having a really bad day will spend most of it snuggled up to her.  So I own my house and never thought much of it, but now a job is forcing us to move and until we buy a new house we will be renting for a while.  Well everywhere we are looking at renting is all pet free and I was visiting with my kids' pedi while I delivered the Girl Scout cookies she ordered from my dd and she told me not to sweat it.  She said since my dd has depression she will write a prescription for her for her to have an emotional support animal and so long as her dog is house trained (which she is) that the Fair Housing Act will allow us to take my dd's dog with us and live in housing even if it is "pet free".  I am so thankful and I know that this will be great for my dd.  Would your pedi do something like this for?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
j3st3r
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM

It's not a favor.  The dog is, and always has been, a part of your daughter's prescribed treatment program.  I process this type of request about 4 time a year.

alexsmommy2010
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM
My doctor wrote on for me. Im looking into a trained service dog for my son but they are $15000.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)