• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I give this guy a chance? Advice please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Be nice if you can before you offer up the advice lol

So a few months ago I met this really cute guy through friends. We started hanging out alone and eventually became friends with benefits. Both of us are single and made it clear to each other that we weren't looking for a relationship.

Well a few weeks ago he started seeing this woman. She's now his girlfriend and we are no longer Fwb. We are just friends, we hang out just like we always have minus the sexual stuff.

Well today I went to have lunch with him at his job, something we often due because he works in the building Across from mine. While having lunch, he told me he never realized it until now but he wants to be with me. I was shocked. When he was single he didn't want to be with me but now he has a gf, he does?! I told him that I will NOT be a part of him cheating on his gf. He said he wasn't implying that.

This is what he wants; he told me if I want to be in a relationship with him then he will break up with his gf for me but if not then he'll stay with her.

I'm kind of confused. He's cute and I love him as a friend but being with him never really crossed my mind. I mean it did but it wasn't something I ever thought would happen nor did I want it to happen.

I talked to my brother about this and he says I should give him a chance but I'm not sure. I just hope this doesn't mess our friendship up.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM
4 moms liked this

I personally would run far away from that...

for him to say "if not, he will stay with her"....why would he stay with someone that he didn't really want to be with? he sounds messed up in the brain..

keep it movin'

AZHOTMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM

If you can see an actual future with him go for it. If not, don't even try. It WILL Mess the friendship up.

Singlefornow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel for you.  If he is willing to leave his relationship only to be in a relationship with you I would pass.  If he really wanted to be with you he couldnt be with the other

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Yeah I told him it was messed up to be thinking this way about his gf but he said he thought he liked her way more than he actually does but will try to give her more of a chance if I won't give him one.

Quoting Jessy613:

for him to say "if not, he will stay with her"....why would he stay with someone that he didn't really want to be with? he sounds messed up in the brain..

keep it movin'

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM

He sounds like a douche. If he doesnt have feelings for her then he should be breaking up with her regardless of what you decide. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I probably would of left him alone after he'd started seeing the other woman.  IMO

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Pass. He doesn't sound like boyfriend material.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM

yeah,this will end well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I would personally think he is just playing you to get some and really won't break up with her, since he knows you cut him off once he got in a relationship. It sounds odd. If you do give it a chance, I would look in to their status MYSELF without him knowing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jessy613:

keep it movin'

Yep, sounds like he's very flighty and any girl that comes by and attracts him, he would ditch whoever he's with right then, or cheat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)