Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much are your kids like you? Does it ever make you sad that they're not?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

All the things I was into as a kid, my daughter isn't into at all. I lived for girly stuff: barbies, playing dress up, putting on mom's makeup. I couldn't wait to get my ears pierced. My 7 year old isn't into any of that stuff. She may have played with dress up clothes or dolls a little when she was like 3 or 4, but she doesn't care about any of it. She just wants to wear jeans and play video games. I got a nintendo when I was 9 and I think I played it a grand total of 5 times. She's amazing and we get along super well but we're nothing alike.

I wouldn't give up our relationship for anything, but there are times that I wish she was into the stuff I liked. I had all these dreams of buying my daughter a barbie dream house and taking her to get her ears pierced. Instead she wants to go to comicon with her dad. lol

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AZHOTMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I have two dd's. Oldest is just like her dad. Youngest is my mini-me, almost scarily identical, right down to my weird fingers and facial expressions. But we also butt heads cause we are so similar.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM

mine are 3 and 18 months they have not define what there really into but i was a tomboy through and throug i hate girly things i helped my brother blow the heads off my barbies( i did play with them at one point) but i like climbing trees, play wrestling,s shooting bb guns and i want my girls to be who they are so idc what the would be interested

BIMOM21
by Andi on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM
My DD is me made over, from looks, to interest, style, and music. She even has my personality and perspective.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM

My daughter has my temper, my son has my sense of humor. My daughter and I are a lot alike, but our tastes are very different. It causes tension at times when she wants to do things like dye her hair dark blue or wear mismatched socks lol. My son and I have so much in common. I just said to my husband last night, "I'm going to be so bored when he moves out lol." If he was someone I'd met and not my son, I think we'd end up being best friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)