• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your husband?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this
My husband is military and it seems some wives never do anything on their own or allow their husbands to do anything on their own. For example there is one lady who is pregnant and upset her husband cannot get work off every time she has an appointment. I could understand if she was high risk but she isn't. I'm also pregnant and can manage to get myself to the clinic and go through my 10 minute appointment by myself. Another lady never let's her husband go out with the guys by himself. I'm not talking about the bar or club but to the movies. A group of them wanted to see some dorky movie and she had to tag along. There seem to be a lot of wives like this where if they are not included it's just not going to happen. I don't understand why someone would want to live that way.

Personally I don't care what my husband does. He can go where ever and do whatever he likes. He is a big boy and can make his own decisions. Apparently I'm weird because I don't even care if he goes to a strip club as long as he isn't paying for it. Obviously I'm not talking about cheating or anything that would cause a disruption in our home.

He is a god guy, does what he is suppose to, and I feel deserves to have a life beyond the four walls of our house or without me by his side. I feel like this makes him more loyal because he is happier. Especially having a first hand view of how other wives are.

Personally for me I want to be with someone who makes good decisions period. I don't want someone who only does what he thinks I will like. Eventually they get tired of pretending and start being sneaky. We have been married for 10 years and I have never had any issues with him going out excessively, drinking too much, ignoring his home responsibilities, getting in trouble while being out, or anything else.

I honestly cannot be the only one who feels this way. Do you think women are overly concerned with their husband's lives?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccarae
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I agree with you. DH hangs out with his brother a lot and its perfectly ok. My SIL however throws a fit from hell everytime.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Not sure. I'm not. In fact, our relationship is the other way around. I'm the one going out with the guys (yes, I hang with men) and he's the one to stay home with the kids. I tell him he should go out to shoot pool and such too but he never does. I'd be annoyed if he had to tag along all the time with my friends.
wamom223
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I agree with you and I wouldn't ever want to live that way but then I couldn't ever be a military wife either with my husband in danger.  But then I know some women that are overly concerned with their husbands life that isn't in the military so maybe it's just a type of woman.  

abt1019
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM

DH does whatever he wants with his friends. Sometimes I like to tag along because I'm lonely or bored, or a I just plain old miss my DH's attention. But my lack of not being allowed to tag along doesn't dictate what he can or cannot do. That's just silly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Your husband isn't military. He is in the military.
seegrace
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I agree with you completely.  My SO is a grown man and everyone deserves their own identity.  We've been together 14 years and he has always made good choices.  That being said, he really doesn't do much these days without me.. LOL. 

AZHOTMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Yeah, I agree. DH can do his own thing without me flipping out. But most of his friends gf/wives are not so nice, they will lose it if their man even has a few beers without them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM

My husband and I don't go anywhere without each other..unless we absolutely have to. We are joined at the hip. That's just the way our marriage is, and always has been.I don't have any male friends and he doesn't have any female friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

How does one go to a strip club without paying for it?

JC2223
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I agree! DH and I give each other mutual respect, consideration and SPACE! He can go where he wants, when he wants. So can I.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)