Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep Apnea in toddlers?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My child is 2, how would a dr determine if she has sleep apnea? And what is the treatment if she does?
She has a dr appt today, I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through this...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM
I would guess the same tests as adults? Maybe a c pap or whatever it's called?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Is she overweight?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM
No...

Quoting Anonymous: Is she overweight?
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM

bump

DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM

She'll get what ever treatment the doctor decides on. There is info online about this Why not do a quick seach? Here's a good link to get you started:  http://www.babycenter.com/0_sleep-apnea-in-toddlers_7632.bc

They'll probably do a sleep study (they are an overnight study where they attach electrodes to your head with glue (not a big deal) and watch you while you sleep.

Good luck. I'm sure everythign will be fine.

Some gave all and all gave some. Remember your rights as an American were earned with the blood of others. Don't waste them and please do your duty as a citizen and vote intelligently in every election.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Thanks

Quoting Jessy613:

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM
I have googled, but haven't found anything on 2yr olds....

Quoting DisabledVet:

She'll get what ever treatment the doctor decides on. There is info online about this Why not do a quick seach? Here's a good link to get you started:  http://www.babycenter.com/0_sleep-apnea-in-toddlers_7632.bc

They'll probably do a sleep study (they are an overnight study where they attach electrodes to your head with glue (not a big deal) and watch you while you sleep.

Good luck. I'm sure everythign will be fine.

ARACMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM
They do a sleep study and many times take out the tonsils and adenoids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Is it the same as they do for adults? My DH had a sleep study done...

Quoting ARACMOM: They do a sleep study and many times take out the tonsils and adenoids.
cdb7519
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM

My son was born with it.  They sent him to Riley Hospital for Children and ran some test and did a sleep study.  He had a surgery where they removed his tonsils, adnoids and did a throat widening thing.  It seemed to help for a little while but not long.  He had another sleep study eventually and he has to use a cpap machine at night and while he is resting (watching tv, playing videos, etc.) I say he has to but he refused to use it most of the time.  He stops breathing hundreds of times during the night.  It is scary.  Btw, he is 16 and also is autistic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)