Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My MIL told my DH he is was a product of rape

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

...and the rapist was never found and it was 43 years ago. Also, he realized the man that died 3 years ago that he believed was his dad and he loved very much was not his biological dad.  My Dh wont talk about this but he has been so withdrawn and quiet. I know he is hurting. I can only imagine what he is going through. Should I give him his space, should I encourage to get help, talk about it, at least talk to his mom (which he wont do). I really do not not know what to do or if I can do anything. I just know he cant go on like this. It is eating him alive.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Why did she now tell him? To be honest, that should have just been taken to her grave!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM
This is so sad.. why did she even tell him? I would have never told my child this
kaybayblee3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Yep I agree with ^^^

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM
My dad is 65 and found out a few months ago that he was the product of an affair, it has been devistating for my whole family
Prdmmyof678
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:40 PM
I agree

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did she now tell him? To be honest, that should have just been taken to her grave!

Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM

He needs to see a therapist.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM

WTF.......WHY on earth would she tell him this now??????

Give him some space and time. Suggest he seek a therapist if he gets worse or doesn't snap out of this within  a reasonable time frame.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM
IF MIL kept that information form him all these years what was the reason for telling him now? She had to know it would break his heart.
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
The man that raised him is still his father. It doesn't matter how he was created or who gave him the other half of his DNA. What matters is that he is here, in the same family he grew up in and loves and his conception doesn't change that one bit. I would tell him that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM
My dh was told his "stepdad" could quite possibly be his real father. Its killing him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)