Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jealous or Afraid of Change?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I'm the youngest of three in my family, I'm 11 and 7 years younger than my two brothers and I've always had a bit of a jealousy problem. I never wanted my mom to have another child after me because I didn't want a baby to take attention away from me and I never liked my big brothers girlfriend because again it took attention away from me. Now that we are all grown, My oldest brother has a wife, two step-children and a daughter of his own, my other brother is in his first serious relationship since high school (he's 30) and I'm about to be married with a four year old daughter of my own. Now to get to the point of my post. My sister-in-law just took a few pregnancy tests yesterday and they were positive. When she told me I got a knot in the pit of stomach. I just don't want this news to be true. I don't want the dynamic of our family to change. I liked the way it was! Our daughters are 10 months apart. It just seemed like everything was perfect and now it's going to be ruined! I'm hoping the pregnancy tests are wrong. Is this a normal feeling?

P.S. They were not trying for baby, my sister-in-law and myself were just talking last week about not wanting any more children. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM
You're jealous, and that's really ridiculous.
hissecondchance
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Wow I'm sorry to say that is 100% jealousy and kind of sad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)