Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: I want to take my son to the ER but my MIL says its a overacction

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

My 8 month old just fell back and hit head on a toy he had a small red bump but went back to playing after crying for a second.. He is acting normal. I still want to take him to the ER but need my MIL to watch my other two. She says I am being a drama queen and I am going to make my baby a cry baby. Every baby bumps their head and as long as he isnt acting different he should be fine. Is she right?

Okay okay....lol..i get it. She is right. She is gonna love hearing that from me......Sorry just a mommy. Thanks everyone. I will watch him. He is napping on me but this is his normal nap time.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Yes, she is
Michaelsmom0522
by Jimbobsmistress on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't take him. Just watch him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM

he is fine.... if he is acting normal.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this

You have to go with what your instincts tell you, but if I had taken my kids to the ER everytime they bumped there head, I would have been there almost daily. 

As long as they were acting normal, I would just keep an eye on them.

newmom121812
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Agree with the other people. Just watch him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

yes she is right. as long as he's acting normal i wouldn't panic. my daughter fell off the top of the couch and smacked her head on a piece of wood on the kid couch. had a big bruise on her forehead.

my oldest went running across wet tile and smacked the back of her head. she had a giant goose egg. i admit that one made me panic. she hit hard. she was just fine. didn't need an ER visit but we sure watched her close the rest of the night.

all 3 of my kids have bumped their heads on something many times and have never needed an ER visit for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Yes she is right when my dd stated walking she fell and hit the side of her head on the bottom of a rocking chair huge knot and bruise . The only time you take them is if they get sleepy, mood changes or vomiting
gramattmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM

As long as hes not wanting to sleep and as long as hes acting normal hes fine. She is right. Every kid hits their head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM
He is your son if you feel he needs to be checked out than take him to the ER. I for one dont mess with head injuries
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Yea ahes right
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)