Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Year olds and tampons.......*sigh* EDITTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

There is no longer privacy in my home .. my child is two and no matter where you are she is there. She figured out how to open doors and if locked she literally will hang on the door handle and scream, she already broke one door handle so we decided not to lock them anymore.

Any who..... she of course was in the bathroom with me yesterday and of course is getting me toilet paper and trying to be a helper. Then as I am trying to change my tampon..started asking a million questions. She told me i should go to the doctors because I have a boo boo! She looked scared and concerned.

Any idea what would be a good way to explain this to her where she will understand?

Ok to the mothers stating that the 2 year old shouldnt be allowed in the bathroom and needs to learn boundaries:

Who you prefer me to leave her unattended while I use the bathroom? Period or not?

What if I was taking a sh*t and was going to be a few mintes... unattended door shut still?

What do you do with a two year old when you are out in public alone with the child and need to use the rest room, ditch him/her outside the stall and go in?

Maybe its not just the door knob issue... I also would like to be able to see and hear what she is doing.

Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommeeTo4
by &1more on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM
I just told my dd that sometimes mommies bleed down there and it is ok and I'm not hurt
JackAttacks
by Angel on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Bump lol
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM

not sure there's a good way to explain it to a 2 year old.

but that reminds me... i was at a friend's house over the weekend and her almost 6 year old told me she doesn't want to grow up and be a woman cause then blood will come out of her bottom.  i was torn between hysterically laughing and being mildly concerned.

here's a bump.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I would think she is too young for an explanation but why are you allowing her to call the shots? If you want privacy you get it because you're the parent not her.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, this.

Quoting MommeeTo4: I just told my dd that sometimes mommies bleed down there and it is ok and I'm not hurt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I use pads instead of tampons and my daughter will say "mommy diaper" LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I told my daughter that when women get older they sometimes have red blood when they go pee, and the tampon helps clean that up. I don't really think it's a huge deal. She wants to follow me to the bathroom even when I ask her to wait outside so I guess she's not bothered by it.
PoisonEyeV
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I find it odd that you're okay with her being in the bathroom with you while changing your tampon. If you didn't have your period or anything like that it would be a bit different. Can you really not put her somewhere for the entire 15 seconds it takes to change your tampon?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Bwahaha. I don't usually wear tampons but one weekend we were staying in a hotel and swimming. I wasn't even paying attention that 4 yr old dd was in the bathroom with me and I put a tampon in. She FREAKED out and yelled at me saying you do not put things in your pee pee! I couldn't help but laugh a little bit. I told her it was ok. It was something that mommies needed to do sometimes. That night I found all my tampons in the trash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Because she seriously thinks she is helping in everything she does. Like I was never able to get myself toilet paper before she came along.. its like that was with alot of things, she helps with the laundry, dinner, picking up her toys, brushing my hair etc. I have told her no for stuff before and its like i hurt her feelings:( I dont mind her being a little helper. I also refuse to replace anymore door knobs. its hard to stop her or put her in time out when you are sitting on the toilet.

Quoting owl0210: I would think she is too young for an explanation but why are you allowing her to call the shots? If you want privacy you get it because you're the parent not her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)