Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sued for 1million... they won. ETA IN RED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

$650,000

My husbands is the BIGGEST idiot I have ever met in my entire life. Him and his business partner did something really STUPID on camera that caused a woman to lose a leg and miscarry her child(I'm not sure of the proper term. Too distraught to look it up). She was about five months. It was an accident but that doesn't matter. I will not go over what they did so do not ask. You will be ignored.

STBXH "Ricky" and his business partner "Lucas" covered her medical expenses and offered her fifty thousand dollars for her silence because he blamed our sons for the accident. She was nice enough to not press any charges against my sons because she didn't want to ruin their lives. I was extremely thankful for that. DH told my sons and I that the accident was caused by them(they're 15 and 16). The sixteen year old felt so guilty that he tried to kill himself.

Somehow, someone found the tapes because Lucas kept it. They showed the woman and she sued both my family and Lucas' family. We settled out of court because we didn't have the money she was asking for. What we gave her was all we had after the business was sold.

Once we were done with the court case, I nearly killed STBXH for what he put my sons through. I filed for a divorce immediately. Everything we had was lost. Those homes, cars, name, EVERYTHING. We're left with nothing. I live with my parents because it's all I can afford. STBXH had some private money stashed away and he won't even give me half to take care of our boys(2,5,7,8,15,16,18). I am BEYOND pissed.

Is there anything I can do? He hasn't spent any of the money and I have no proof of him having it besides basic knowledge and him telling me.

edit:

sorry to confuse you guys. STBXH and Lucas caused the accident. They were trying something new with the machines to make it faster without checking if anyone was down there and that caused the accident.

I cannot afford an atterny. I can barely afford to eat.

I have two twin boys in college. Didn't mention them because they don't live at home. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:24 PM

?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Fairly new to the group. How do I remain anonymous when replying?

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM

what a messed up situation. only thing i can think is going after him for child support.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Huh???
Amybelle
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM
3 moms liked this

well, the $10 Amazon Card might help but you're not going to win it

LauraBelle9812
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Higher a private investigator? Good luck. I'm sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM

So sorry if I'm all over the place. My mind is everywhere right now. What can I explain for you?

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Huh???

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM

oh boy... got nothing but a bump for ya

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Contact a lawyer and they should be able to help you.   He should be paying some type of child support for the children and i imagine that would be a huge amount given how many children.

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:28 PM
I'm not really sure but here's a bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)