Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

texting

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

I told my ex I will not communicate with him anymore unless it is through text because everytime we talk on the phone he verbally abuses me and swears and calls me names. Am I wrong? 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I think it's so sad when two "adults" bring a child into the world..and when they are no longer together..they can't manage to act like adults and do what's best for the kids..
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM

nope, you're not wrong, i wouldn't tolerate that nonsense either

pinklove0015
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Anon I do not swear at him or fight with him hes the one who verbally abuses me. It's sad that he cannot communicate without being abusive. Sad on his part. When he swears or name calls me I hang up on him I don't yell or swear back I am a better and bigger person. 

Quoting Anonymous: I think it's so sad when two "adults" bring a child into the world..and when they are no longer together..they can't manage to act like adults and do what's best for the kids..

Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Nope. Not wrong.... shortcut I hate communicating through text sometimes. I ended up getting an app to record my phone calls for when he wants to threaten people in my life (legal in my state).
pinklove0015
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM

What is the name of the App? I would love to have an app like that. 

Quoting Shy_Dia: Nope. Not wrong.... shortcut I hate communicating through text sometimes. I ended up getting an app to record my phone calls for when he wants to threaten people in my life (legal in my state).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
My ex would do that. I let him get away with it for awhile. Then I remembered we weren't together anymore & I didn't have to put up with it. I started not answering if I was alone. I would have him on speaker phone & tell him to speak, that we (the kids & I) were listening. The last time he was disrespectful my df was listening. My df was pissed. I told my dad who spoke to him about it. He hasn't said a mean thing since. Good luck mama
Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Automatic call recorder. It cost money- I normally never pay for any apps, but he was threatening my life, ds' life, my dad's, my ex boyfriend's (who stepped up in the dad figure... and ironically was the only one encouraging me to let him get to know ds!)... it was getting outta control and if he ever gets to a certain point, I know he doesn't care if he ends up in prison again.

That being said, check your laws. Mine- as long as one person knows the conversation is being recorded, it's legal.... in other states, both parties need to be aware of it (I would've gotten it anyways- I had an actual plan in place with my sister in case I ever went missing).

Quoting pinklove0015:

What is the name of the App? I would love to have an app like that. 

Quoting Shy_Dia: Nope. Not wrong.... shortcut I hate communicating through text sometimes. I ended up getting an app to record my phone calls for when he wants to threaten people in my life (legal in my state).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)