Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SPs pay CS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
Are SPs obligated to pay CS? I struggle while ex and his wife live in a giant house with brand new cars.. he thinks the answer is just for them to have DS more, I disagree
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Talk to your atty. Being a sm if he gets behind they will take the combined income tax (his and hers together) and I believe they look at what is coming into the household all together.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM
No .but some do because they dont want dh to get behind on it .but its not sms responsibility
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Ex says because we share 50/50 custody that he shouldn't be obligated

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Talk to your atty. Being a sm if he gets behind they will take the combined income tax (his and hers together) and I believe they look at what is coming into the household all together.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Not if she files injured spouse

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you saying that your child's SM makes a lot of money and you want some because she married your child's father?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.I.A...P.O.W
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Most times 50/50 splits don't pay cs.

Quoting Anonymous: Ex says because we share 50/50 custody that he shouldn't be obligated

Quoting ladybugchick317:

AZHOTMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:49 PM

So you have 50/50 custody and want child support? Or do you already get support?

bethpelle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like it lol

Quoting Nicoleb9: Are you saying that your child's SM makes a lot of money and you want some because she married your child's father?
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I just wanted to make sure I was interpreting it correctly. She gave limited and vague details.

Quoting bethpelle: Sounds like it lol

Quoting Nicoleb9: Are you saying that your child's SM makes a lot of money and you want some because she married your child's father?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sara-1989
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
You aren't entitled to anything she makes. If you split time, you shouldn't get child support at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)