Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cs...messed up system!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My nephew was born 3 years ago. When he was born my sister wasn't with his father. He would give her $100 a week for things for his son. He would drive out to see him as much as she would let him. She was ebf so she never let him take their son over night. Well when he was 3 months old they went to court. He ended up having to pay $520 a month plus back child support. He got visitation on wednesday's from 4pm to 8pm and every other weekend.

When my nephew was 1 year old my sister got arrested and thrown in jail. The judge order her 12 weeks of rehab and consuling because she was an alcoholic and addicted to prescription pain meds. The father got full custody.

My sister finished rehab but never went to consuling. She went back to court and got visitation 1 day a week. She was never ordered to pay child support even though the fathers lawyer requested it.

The system in my opinion is so one sided. Don't get me wrong he's done a great job with their son. He goes to pre school, is very smart, well yaken care of and socialized. He is much better off than he would have been with my sister. I just think the system is messed up. He got stuck paying but she din't.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Definitely one sided at times but I know that the men I know who have gotten custody don't care. They'll take their kid over the money any day. My son included.
pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM

That's not right at all.  She shouldn't get  off scot free.

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Yeah it's messed up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM
She was breastfeeding and abusing prescription drugs and alcohol?
Ashley1113
by Ley on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM
That's bullshit
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM

She should have had to pay just like him.

JackieGirl007
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)