Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Free food because someone stole my identity

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My card was hacked! Thankfully nothing was posted to my account. They were trying to spend 800 and 1000 dollars at Nordtroms. Who the heck spends that much at Nordtroms?! Anyways, I went through starbucks and I gave them my card and they gave me my drink. Later, I went to Mcdonalds for lunch because my children begged me.. Anyways, the card did not work. I wondered if it was the machine because it "worked" at starbucks. Anyways, the manager of McDs tried to see if it was the machine, and ended up giving me the meal free which was such a blessing! I called my Bank after that and said somebody hacked my card number and that my starbucks transaction was denied as well. So I didn't pay for any of it. I feel bad that I didn't pay for the food, but it was also nice to receive it from such nice people...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AZHOTMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Go back tomorrow and pay for it. Keep the good karma going.

curvygurl1912
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I hope you get the identity theft straightened out as quickly and painlessly as possible, momma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I feel it's the only right thing to do. It's not like we couldn't afford it either. 

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! so far the bank is working with us. They have already stopped our cards and getting us new ones and changing a lot of things. It's crazy though because we have no idea how someone could have gotten it. 

Quoting curvygurl1912:

I hope you get the identity theft straightened out as quickly and painlessly as possible, momma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Hope you get everything figured out. Also maybe there is a way to pay it forward. Maybe next time your at Starbucks buy someone's coffee for them. Or give a food gift card to some down on their luck person or family.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Yep! This is what I would do!
Something similar happened to be at Walmart, I paid with me debit card and when I checked my statement, I had the money back. I was like WTH? went to the bank and they couldn't tell me. When I checked my wallet, I realized that the cashier gave me the voucher, so that's why the transaction was cancelled. I went back, explained and paid for my groceries.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)