Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is wrong with me???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I'm always paranoid people are talking about me. Like today a coworker came in after me and her and another girl started instant messaging. I'm a teller, our stations are only like 2 feet apart so I can see the chat window name, but not read the convo, so that's how I know they IM constantly. And sometimes the head teller will go in the branch manager's office, and I get paranoid that they're talking about me! I've always been this way too. At school, at work, I'm always worried people are talki g about me and what they're saying about me. Is this some kind of anxiety disorder or something? Is there any way to get past it?
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:53 PM
I am the same way, always have been. Bump.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM

so is that you're just curious what they're saying or you don't want them to talk about you... what's the fear?

pasteeater_too
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I'm no help, I do the same thing.

Mommyzlovez
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I used to feel this way all the time,then one day go tired of it and decuded....so what if they are .ill just do my best and let God handle the rest....also take anti anxiety meds...they help lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Not to lecture here at all.

I was like this when I was younger (think 19-25).  It may be your age?

Or it may be that you are paranoid and need to realize it's not all about you.  And yes, I had to come to this conclusion at some point so again, not bashing you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Its cause you don't shower enough
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM
The fear is that I'm a waste of space, everyone hates me and just tolerates. My existence. I get paranoid about when my SO has a conversation with my kids without me being part of it.

Quoting mojogirl:

so is that you're just curious what they're saying or you don't want them to talk about you... what's the fear?

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM

oh, sounds like you have really low self-esteem.  wish i had some advice for you.  i have low self-esteem too, not to the point of being paranoid about what others say though.  have you thought about counseling?  have you talked to your husband about this?

Quoting Anonymous: The fear is that I'm a waste of space, everyone hates me and just tolerates. My existence. I get paranoid about when my SO has a conversation with my kids without me being part of it.
Quoting mojogirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)