Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does insurance mean you're responsible?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

I don't understand this. Having car insurance means you're a responsible driver. Having health insurance means you're responsible for your health... I just don't understand this. Insurance has not always been around. So does that mean people weren't responsible until insurance came out. I know when I don't have insurance for my car, I never had an accident. Only time I have had a wreck was when I did have insurance. Also, I never go to the doctor. In fact, when I did have insurance I tended to go to the doctor more for things that I really didn't need to see a doctor for. Also, personally I think if we didn't have insurance, prices might actually be cheaper and people could afford fixing a car or seeing a doctor. It seems that having insurance around actually allows hospitals and doctors and pharmacy companies to charge out the ass. I mean, if insurance wasn't around, they wouldn't be able to charge that much because they would get no business. I just really think insurance is a complete scam. What's next? A food insurance?

Also, with this law to have insurance... it really scares me. If they can make us have this insurance, they can make us do anything. I have always thought all these drugs that they have out there is just a way to make people more zombified so the government can get away with whatever they want. What's next? Are they going to make us go to the doctor every month? Are they going to make us take a drug everyday (like in Brave New World or like in Equilibrium)? And if you don't take your medicine, you go to jail or get killed? The things that I have seen are scaring me. We are losing our rights more and more and faster and faster! It makes me feel like a horrible parent for allowing them into this world. I want them to be able to enjoy their lives, not worry that something that they want might be illegal. It almost feels like the things that people are fighting for are completely pointless. Everytime I see something about legalizing marijuana use or gay rights, I just want to scream. What about our right to not have Big Brother up our ass every second of every day? Our right to privacy? Our right to do whatever we want to do? I don't want to go to the doctor. I don't trust doctors. I want my kids to be allowed to walk to the bus stop without a cop bringing her back home, making her miss the bus. I want my kids to be allowed to sell lemonade without the consequence of a fine because she doesn't have a license to sell it. I want to be allowed to make treats and not have people worry that there might be drugs or razor blades in it. I want my kids to be allowed to play and if they get hurt, the doctors don't think I was beating her up.

What the fuck happened to our world?

I know I went off topic, but I don't care.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Candi1024
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I just can't.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Smh. It's not even worth explaining to you.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hold on, I will be back with my tinfoil hat
lalaboosh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Ummm
curvygurl1912
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM

bang head on keyboard

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually totally agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:02 PM

And I don't understand why half the comments just got deleted....

Quoting sugareemommee: I actually totally agree.

Tuned.Out
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I think you may watch the news. I just don't think you have a very good grasp on what you're hearing when you watch the news. And I have no interest in explaining it to you. That's all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess you don't watch the news. God, you women are the stupidest people I think I've ever seen.

Quoting Tuned.Out:

And has, possibly more than once.

Quoting Anonymous:

and just think she can breed

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Saw that as well, questioned that...

As I'm sure you did too.

Quoting Anonymous:

And I don't understand why half the comments just got deleted....

Quoting sugareemommee: I actually totally agree.

furbabymum
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you just correlate having car insurance with getting in car accidents???

Shit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)