Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!!!! anyone have answers?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I've never been to mediation before or to court but i have to go to court in the am bc the state is taking df to court for c.s but i just got papers in the mail today saying he wants visitation (which i have never kept him from his daughter i live 3 hours away and i would bring her up there once a month but he hasn't said he wanted to see her in over 7 weeks nor has he barely called to check on her ) but my friend said he said he will get to find out when he gets to see her tomorrow up until now i thought it would just being the judge telling him how much to pay ... the papers don't say a lot except his reason why he wants visitation threes a blank page that says mediation and at the top is says for judge to fill out.. my friend says she thinks i will have mediation tomorrow I'm not prepared and it doesn't seem right for me to have no notice of this ... she also said that the mediator decides if we can not agree but i thought it just went to court if you couldn't agree ... I'm very lost and and all answers advice would be helpful thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:13 PM
You'll have mediation & agree on child support & visitation & if you can't agree, you'll go to court. Generally, it's a standard visitation schedule & you really don't have much say in it any more than he has any say in how much the child support is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM

all in the same day ? i was told they first do c.s there then the judge sets a date for visitation and he hasn't really been in her life and they say he won't get more  then unsupervised 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: You'll have mediation & agree on child support & visitation & if you can't agree, you'll go to court. Generally, it's a standard visitation schedule & you really don't have much say in it any more than he has any say in how much the child support is.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Well, here it's all done in the same day. If he hasn't been in her life, he would still get the standard visitation schedule but for the first six months it would be supervised & then it would increase during that six months to the standard. Everywhere is different though so you'll just have to see.

Quoting Anonymous:

all in the same day ? i was told they first do c.s there then the judge sets a date for visitation and he hasn't really been in her life and they say he won't get more  then unsupervised 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: You'll have mediation & agree on child support & visitation & if you can't agree, you'll go to court. Generally, it's a standard visitation schedule & you really don't have much say in it any more than he has any say in how much the child support is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)