Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you meet your significant other?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM
  • 70 Replies
I met my husband 5 years ago. I had just gotten out of school and family had offered to give me a place to stay while I found a job and a car and a place. I was there for about a week before they ripped the rug out from under me and told me I had a few 2 days to find another place. I was in complete shock and totally freaking out. I was 20 at the time with a 1 year old. Obviously I called my mom freaking, she said there was no room, wed be on the floor, but That she would help any way she could. I desperately called my good friend who agreed to a place to stay for 2 weeks, until I got into a shelter. I drove 2 hours to my friends house and right away she got me a job at a call center. Thats where I met my husband. He was a team manager, and I was just an agent. I had gotten into the homeless shelter, and found a daycare. I got 35$ in assistance, so I fed my son real food while I ate Ramen.. sacrifice :) my husband asked me out but I told him that I had a lot on my plate and needed to keep my priorities in line. After being in the shelter for two months I finally got an apartment and he helped me move. We were really close, we talked every day on the phone and at work. He started seeing his ex and that hurt a bit, so I backed off and did my own thing. We didnt start dating until may 6th 2010.. I know that he is the love of my life and best friend. Very supportive and genuine from the start, and our friendship has grown stronger and stronger :)
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I picked him up at work
Sara1218
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I was the receptionist at his chiropractor's office. He was tall, 6'5" and had the sweetest blue eyes and smile that I had ever seen. He was, and still is, very shy, so he would blush whenever I talked to him. I thought he was going to have a heart attack when I showed him my tattoo, it was on my hip.

I started working there at the end of October and finally asked him out in January, I got sick of waiting for him to do it. We were engaged in February, pregnant in March and married in April. We had our first son that December. 15 years and three kids later, we are still married.
acbbsmama
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We originally met in high school. We didn't get together until 18 years later.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
In a bar. Lol
Constant_Reader
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I opened answered the door and he was standing there. Instant attraction. 9 yrs together in Nov.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I hopped my behind in the doctors office where he worked. It also happened that my mom and aunt worked there too. Funny, he didn't even know they were sisters.
Lilith23
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Grade 2, he was one of the older kids in another class responsible for our class's lunch boxes distribution.
He use to steal everybody's treats.
TwoMomsAndBabyM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

We met in the 9th grade when I stepped on her shoe in the lunch room. From then on she decided she hated me and we fought until Senior year when I asked her to prom.

AZHOTMOM
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Through friends, we became best friends until I showed up at his work one day and told him enough of this just being friends.

We have been married 16 years.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I meet him at a coffee shop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)