Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Was your engagement ring a "starter" ring?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Mine was. It was all we could afford and I loved it. Now 7 years later dh wants to take me shopping to get a nicer ring. 

Did you have a starter ring and if you did how long until you upgraded (if you have)? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Our plan was to have it forever. But after three kids I can't get it on anymore. My hubby's fell of when in the shower and we couldn't find it. So for our 10 year Anniversary we got each other new rings.

Ivsleep
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I have the same band I started out with, but dh changed out my center stone from 1 to 3 carats on our 10th anniversary.  It was completely his idea, I did not know he was doing it until he told me he needed the ring to take it to the jeweler.  He then made the first stone into a necklace that I rarely take off.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:20 PM
No, I still wear the same ring 10 yrs later
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess so. We just upgraded quite a bit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM

No. For me the ring has sentimental value. I don't like gaudy, big, expensive rings, so I absolutely don't understand this concept of 'upgrading' an engagement ring.

MammaBoom
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM

it's still the same one. after almost 9 years. DH wants to get me a bigger stone.... but it already gets caught on my pockets! LOL So I told him to get me earrings!!! for our 10 yr

-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM
No. I picked it cuz it was perfect for my finger. I don't ever want another one.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM

No. DH got me a very nice ring the first time and I will always wear that one.

casah4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I wasn't proposed to with a ring. We couldn't afford one. He bought it for me for our first anniversary though. We were married for 15 years when we separated with the intent of divorcing. We ended up getting back together, and for our 16th anniversary we upgraded our rings (only because I don't like yellow gold any more). I didn't get a solitaire though. I chose a diamond anniversary band to wear as my wedding ring. That's all I wear now.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I love mine and wouldnt want it upgraded. I did get a pretty ruby and diamond ring for our 5yr anaversary last week thi.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN