Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should an 11 month old be eating?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

She is breastfed. She eats usually whatever I eat for dinner and sometimes she will get snacks. I always offer but she usually doesn't want anything. She DOES it dinner everynight thgouh. I know, food isn't neccisary until one year. But what I am feeding her I feel like it is bad for her. She honestly mostly pushed it all on the floor. Here is some random things she eat. This is not everyday food. Some she eats one day, some she eats another. She doesn't have this all in one day. But we usually have either potatoes or mack and chess with every dinner, so she eats those a lot

PB&J (snack)

Yougurt bites( snack )

Yogurt puffs(snack)

Graduate fruit package(snack)

Macoroni and chesse(dinner) 

Potatoes( dinner )

Steak(dinner)

Chicken(dinner)

pork chops (dinner)

Pizza (dinner)

Is this okay?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quirky_mama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Personally I'd stick with whole foods (fruits, veggies, meats, etc.) and avoid processed stuff. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but what exactly is processed? lol

Quoting quirky_mama:

Personally I'd stick with whole foods (fruits, veggies, meats, etc.) and avoid processed stuff. 

chicagoliz
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM

It's fine.  Don't worry.

GhettoKoolAide
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Sounds fine but I wouldn't do so much gerber stuff. My son was eating fresh fruit, steamed veggies, crackers, seeds, nuts and random stuff. He did he junk don't get me wrong but I made sure to avoid processed foods as much as my work scheduled allowed. Heck is fave food was hamburger helper! Lol
quirky_mama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Anything that has synthetic(meaning made) ingredients. Basically most things you don't cook from scratch. Like I said though, that's just me. I will say though that i started both my dd on mostly fruits and veggies and they LOVE them now. I've never had a problem getting them to eat the "good stuff". :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but what exactly is processed? lol

Quoting quirky_mama:

Proud Breastfeeding, Non-Vaxing, Co-sleeping, Natural Birthing, Conservative, Christian, Stay-at-Home Mom of Two

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Bump
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM

She needs more fruits/veggies.   Does she have any teeth?   You can hand mash bananas, cut up or puree peaches, apples, pears etc.   It looks like you need more veggies (other colors than white) in your diet as well.

Processed foods are anything that come in box like kraft mac n cheese, hamburger helper, canned soups, etc.

What you can do for your baby girl is look at the baby food area and get an idea of different things you could make yourself for her to try out of veggies and fruits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

food, definitely don't give them any type of metal, wood, money, etc.

smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM
More steamed veggies and fresh fruit.

Green beans, carrots, cauliflower, squash, potatoes, sweet potato, peas, etc. all steamed, she can pick up and feed herself.

Bananas, mango, melon, papaya, peaches, pears, ...anything soft.

The chicken and steak are fine if shredded.

Peanut butter should really wait, but you're lucky she hasn't had a reaction.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)