Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH continues to bash me!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

Background: DH and I live in a two bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment because it's all we can afford in this city. We have four children(all boys 8, 9, 10 and 11)and they share a room. At first, the apartment only had a couch and one king sized bed for the boys to share in their bedroom(I made the decision to give them the master bedroom). But I got a job at WalMart and saved until I was able to furnish the entire apartment(free section on craigslist and pawnshop).  

A week after I got my job, DH "David" said he was laid off. But I think he quit because you would seriously have to shit on the bosses desk to lose your job. He made okay money but the benefits were just OUTSTANDING. We had pretty much everything. Now we barely have any coverage. So I am now the breadwinner and we've had to make cutbacks. And because I am the breadwinner, I have extreme and strict rules.

No cable. The kids are only allowed to watch TV through this website that allows us to watch it free(it gets the new episodes literally the next day).

We have two cell phones. One that stays at home and another that goes with the person or people who are leaving the house. There are a limited amount of minutes and text messaging on the phone.

No lights during the day... AT ALL. The apartment has natural sun light and that is enough. It's usually no eletricity during the day as well since no one is supposed to be home. The boys are in school, I'm at work and DH is supposed to be looking for work until 2pm. No tv or lights until 4pm. And lights out time is at 8. No more using the lights. A scented candle lights the bathroom. The kids are allowed to watch TV in their rooms until 11pm and so are we. They have no video games.

We have a strict food budget because we barely have enough to cover it. I spend the majority of my free time couponing. You can consider me an "extreme couponer". I don't have time to cook a lot of the time so the TV dinners come in handy.

The showers have a time limit and the kids pack a lunch.

Anyway, I was complaining today because we are not making it on my salary. I told DH that we need to find a way to cut back to save money.

He said: "Maybe you should get a promotion or raise or something since you can't seem to make enough money." 

Me: Maybe if I wasn't the only one working, I wouldn't have to cut back so much.

Him: I was the only one working at some point and we made it!

Me: Because I couldn't find a job and we lived out of a fucking minivan!

Him: Use that college degree.

Me: I would if I could but I can't find a job. It's hard to find a job! Can't you tell since you don't even have a job yet?

Him: The find a better job!

Me: I will once you finally get one!

This was two weeks ago. This morning, they cut the electricity off because I couldn't pay for it. So I told DH that he needed to find a way to pay the bill($200. Which means DH has been home when he's supposed to be out looking for work). He goes off calling me a bad mother because I coudln't afford to pay the bills and all this other crap when I was the only one who paid the rent, groceries and other bills. I got pissed off and told him that I was going to have to apply for public assistance. This ass hole went on this rant about how I'm a terrible mother, I can't give my kids the life they need, the kids should be taken from me and he's going to fnd a job a leave me. So I take the kids and go to my mother house. That's where I am now.

I'm soooo pissed right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Sorry it's so long

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Shameless bump I guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Leave his ass.
AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM

What a mess. How have you two made it this long?

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

He is a loser, I could never live like that. Keep going and don't look back...

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You are so much better off without his dead weight.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Cutting that low life, deadbeat loser out of your life would certainly help with cutting your expenses!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I don't know. He was SO different before we got married. After we started having kids, he just turned into an ass hole.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

What a mess. How have you two made it this long?

DoofusAloofus
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM

seriously?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:16 PM
You can do so much better than him. He is the one he should say all that to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)