Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's too hot to be standing over a stove

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I get wanting to make colds sandwiches or something, I make meals like that too. But I see people say a lot in the summer "it's too hot to stand over a hot stove" and I wonder, do you have a/c?
I use my stove and oven all year, and it never makes me or the house hot...
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM
We actually don't have an a/c. It's only really hot here 2 months out of the year (July and August) and we do fine with just fans. Although on the 90 degree and plus days there is no way I'm using the oven.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I am in AZ...using the oven in the summer is something we avoid at all costs during the day

It takes so much to just keep our house cool using the oven makes it even worse. Our power bill is usually $600 in the summer
redneckmama4
by Loree on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Yeah, kinda weird how a big heater might heat up a kitchen in the summer...with ac.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I have an a/c, but, we use it sparingly because the electric bill would be through the roof. Lots of water, popsicles, and cool baths. Dinner is salads and quick things I can make stovetop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM

We have AC but theh stove still heats up the entire house

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Yeah it's too expensive to run the a/c in the house much less with the stove on.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM

I dont have  central  AC in my home. I have window units in bedrooms and familyroom. I still cook, crockpot is excellent for summer and then there's  always grilling and ordering out !

JC2223
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM

My sister and my fathers houses don't have AC. It's too hot to breathe in their homes, let alone turn on an oven.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I have a/c's in the bedrooms not the kitchen so I will not use the oven in the summer and try to use the stove as little as possible. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
We only have window units because our house has baseboard heat, so yea, it does make my kitchen hot because the only iunit downstairs is in the living room
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)