Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can my daughter really get into trouble?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
She's 12 and her homework was to go to this website with the code and do 20 problems.

Well we don't have internet and by the time I got home the library was closed. We tried to pull it up on my phone but the flash or whatever doesn't let it load.
I'm waiting on my neighbor to get home to see if she can go there real quick but so far he's not home.

So I emailed the teacher but my daughter is about to have a panic attack over this and says she will get in trouble.

If I can't get in touch with the neighbor I plan to take her to school an half an hour early to hopefully do it there

This is really annoying. Blah.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AKDlove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Thats what happens when she doesn't do her homework.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM

No her teacher should not hold it against her that you don't have internet. Write a note explaining you tried library etc.  Maybe she can miss recess and do it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Unfortunately the Internet has become a "necessity"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
If this happened to one of my students I wouldn't punish her. I would provide her with a hard copy of the assignment to be completed the next night.
shadowcat76
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Yeah, here if you dont have internet at home, the kid is supposed to stay after school to do homework, its ridiculous.

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

And if they rely on the bus for transportation?

Quoting shadowcat76:

Yeah, here if you dont have internet at home, the kid is supposed to stay after school to do homework, its ridiculous.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't be ridiculous. That's like assigning an essay on "what does your dog look like", assuming everybody has a dog, because hey, most people do, and then punishing a child who can't describe their non-existent dog.

Quoting AKDlove:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM
It's not her fault though. It's mine. And we are aware of this reason why she's freaking out.

Quoting AKDlove:

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Not according to the PA bashers.

Quoting Anonymous: Unfortunately the Internet has become a "necessity"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:36 PM
That wasn't a option. She takes the after school bus to the after school program. I don't get off work until 7

Quoting shadowcat76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)