Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How am I a bad friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My friend is not a planner and will text to randomly to hang out; Playdates, parks Dinner girls night out etc. I'm a planer and most of the time I'm busy or just got home. Now she is mad because I don't want to do girls night tonight (she just texted me about it right now). First of all I'm 38 weeks pregnant and Second she asked me at the last minute. I have talked to her about this before and told her I would be happy to hang out if we plan it . Am I wrong
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Sometimes it's fun to be spontaneous. You expect her to bend to your conditions but you wont bend to hers. It goes both ways.
ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this

You're 38 weeks pregnant and don't want to go out for a girls' night?  Gee, whatever is wrong with you?

Seriously, your friend needs to grow up.  I would never expect a woman ready to give birth at any minute to go on a girls' night out.  Suggest she take a crash course on responsibility and sensitivity!

Wendi2247
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Nope. I have a friend like that and its caused some huge rifts at times. My child is very much a child who has to be on a schedule and frankly so am I. My friend is slowly but surely getting it. She called me a week and a half ago to tell me about her step sons party, I used to get a days notice for stuff like that. Before my DD I was very spontaneous and I think its been hard for her to adjust to.me not being like that anymore. She still is spontaneous. She called me on a Wednesday to tell me she was getting married that coming up Saturday, she just decided she wanted to get married. Your friend will either learn to.respect and accept the way you are or she won't and you'll drift apart. You'v e told her, there's not.much else you can do.
holyhoola
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:39 PM
She sounds like she needs something, like a ride.
askyourmother
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM
I'm like your friend. I hate planning. Usually someone will randomly ask to babysit or I will have the night off and my husband is home and that's when I start calling to see if anyone is available to hang out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM
She won't talk to me now lol.. Wow

Quoting ZamilyMom:

You're 38 weeks pregnant and don't want to go out for a girls' night?  Gee, whatever is wrong with you?

Seriously, your friend needs to grow up.  I would never expect a woman ready to give birth at any minute to go on a girls' night out.  Suggest she take a crash course on responsibility and sensitivity!

ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Good riddance IMHO!

Quoting Anonymous: She won't talk to me now lol.. Wow
Quoting ZamilyMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I can deal with a day in advance but she will call me an hour before hand. Now she is mad at me and won't even talk to me anymore because I told her I couldn't do girls night out

Quoting Wendi2247: Nope. I have a friend like that and its caused some huge rifts at times. My child is very much a child who has to be on a schedule and frankly so am I. My friend is slowly but surely getting it. She called me a week and a half ago to tell me about her step sons party, I used to get a days notice for stuff like that. Before my DD I was very spontaneous and I think its been hard for her to adjust to.me not being like that anymore. She still is spontaneous. She called me on a Wednesday to tell me she was getting married that coming up Saturday, she just decided she wanted to get married. Your friend will either learn to.respect and accept the way you are or she won't and you'll drift apart. You'v e told her, there's not.much else you can do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:00 PM
That's what I say.

Quoting ZamilyMom:

Good riddance IMHO!

Quoting Anonymous: She won't talk to me now lol.. Wow
Quoting ZamilyMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)