Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't care what others think of me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Like at all. I go out in public and speak my mind and I do as I please. I don't bother myself with how others in my community view me. I figure it's a small town and they can't avoid me, so they will have to deal with who I am. It's on THEM not ME.

My sister says this isn't normal at all and that it somehow makes me a "weirdo" and "potentially a narcissist".

Do you agree? Do you worry about how others in your community view you?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heisenberg
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course I care how others view me. How they view me is in direct correlation with how they treat me, and also a mirror of how I treat others.

Constant_Reader
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Sometimes. But for the most part no.
ETA- this also doesn't mean I'm rude just because I "can be". Just means nobody has to like me because I'm me.
southern.momof2
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM
I am myself and I don't care what other people think about me. If they like me then thats great, if not, oh well.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM

No, I don't care either.  I've always have spoken my mind.  But as I've gotten older, I have developed a bit of a filter.  I try to be polite about it unless I'm really pissed off.

Tuned.Out
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I don't care about how others view me.  I care about how I view myself. Discretion, public decorum and my overall manners matter to me when it comes to my self-view.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Says Anon! Lol, the irony!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I care about my public image!
I speak the truth to only those I can trust to stay quiet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I try to have a filter but often fail. I live in a small seasonal town and I worry people will hate me for my lack of filter, but it appears the locals actually respect that because they know I won't lie to them.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No, I don't care either.  I've always have spoken my mind.  But as I've gotten older, I have developed a bit of a filter.  I try to be polite about it unless I'm really pissed off.

mamavalor
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I am more along the lines of Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables.  I'm polite and nice but for the most part I do my own thing.

Lilith23
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Well my Sunday trip to the mall dressed in my Pikatchu snuggies already put me in the " wtf is that" category in here so yeah.
I pretty much just do me and I'm a pretty awesome person so who cares if some don't like me, i like me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)