Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

suicide question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Just a question. No this ist me it pertains to an event that happened in my community.
So someone try to commit suicide and fails but leaves the person completely disfigured. After years of surgeries and what not they try again and again fail. This time in the abdomen..
On one hand I'm glad the person survived but one the other I'm thinking if they wanted it so bad I wish he wouldn't have.
What are your. Thoughts on this? Its obvious now that they are only going to keep trying. I just have really mixed feelings about it and feel really bad for the family.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I think he should do some fucking research and make sure he knows what he's doing next time. I'd probably email him the directions of the helium tank and plastic bag method out of pity.

CherrieFaeries
by Alice In Heathenland on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Talk to the imaginary pink unicorn...she'll help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Ya both times were with a gun he just has really bad aim.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he should do some fucking research and make sure he knows what he's doing next time. I'd probably email him the directions of the helium tank and plastic bag method out of pity.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I had a friend who survived three attempts before he finally put a shotgun to his temple
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Some mental illnesses make them try over n over if not treated. Sadly
eztwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg I almost pee'd myself with this reply. I know it's not a nice topic to laugh at but this made snort.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I can see this kid trying again. Its just sad. He is a sweet kid. But very depressed esp now that all his friends have gone off to college and work and.not around as much. I don't believe he will ever be able to work due to health issues the first attempt caused so that sure doesn't make for a very full life.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: I had a friend who survived three attempts before he finally put a shotgun to his temple
mandylin3
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Unfortunately, it's his/ her life. It's really sad but if someone want to die, it's just something they are going to do. It sounds like intervention has not worked and he/she feels like they have nothing to live for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:02 PM
The family has gone through hell. HI'm and his sister have tried all failed. Their mom's dad died and the same year their dad died suddenly of a heart attack which left huge debt with both businesses they had. One had to shut down as the dad ran it. The other is struggling. And now the son attempts again. I just wonder when this family will get a brake.

Quoting sunsetchick34: Some mental illnesses make them try over n over if not treated. Sadly
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Can someone in the family baker act him? That way he gets some help.

Quoting Anonymous: The family has gone through hell. HI'm and his sister have tried all failed. Their mom's dad died and the same year their dad died suddenly of a heart attack which left huge debt with both businesses they had. One had to shut down as the dad ran it. The other is struggling. And now the son attempts again. I just wonder when this family will get a brake.

Quoting sunsetchick34: Some mental illnesses make them try over n over if not treated. Sadly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)