Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I could take a vacation from being a mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
So I used to love being a mom but my 3 year old has become such a terror that I'm so ready to press the fast forward button. I have 3 kids. A 13 year old, a 3 year old, and a 4 month old. Really it's just my 3 year old that drives me nuts. I love him to death but I just don't like him around. I don't miss him. I feel bad about it but he is so out of control. Even my husband wonders what's wrong with him. We are thinking about taking him to a child psychologist. Anyone ever go through a stage this bad? I hope it's just a stage.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
My dd 4 is pretty good but my 18 month old is a handful. I know he is the one that is going to drive me to drink.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM

did it start when the new baby arrived. Lots of 1 on 1 and lots of praise.

greanleef
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Talk to your pediatrician. Maybe he's trying to see how far he can push you. You didn't really give many specifics except your exhausted with dealing with it. I have 4 kids. I get it. But it could just be he's more rambunctious than your other children.
sjenkins8208
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
No, but dh and I have frequent date nights and weekends "away". Even if it's just redoing our bathroom while Ds is at grandmas. Thank The Lord for my mom and dad! Maybe you just need a night away? A night for your 3 year old to MISS you?
greanleef
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Did it start when the baby arrived? Did he start preschool recently or any other big changes? If not hopefully a stage. Timeouts? Toys taken away?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
It started when I was about 7 months preg and went on bed rest. My husband is active duty and never around. We don't have family or friends or date nights. He just started preschool and that has helped a little. He is just so tiring though. Seriously, my mom flew up to try to help me for a few weeks and she says she has no idea how I do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)