Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son will NOT eat!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM
  • 23 Replies

Unless I hold it. I actually had to hold a strawberry for him to eat it. He's almost 2. Is this weird? Everytime I give him anything to eat by himself, he'll throw it. My two girls were never like this. They both learned how to use forks and spoons by 18 months.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not hold my son's food for him I make him do it himself and if he chooses not to eat oh well he just doesn't eat. He won't starve he will eventually figure out you aren't going to hold it and he needs to do it himself
poisonedtaco
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I only do it once a week. All week long he won't do it. He just throws his food. And he's been losing weight...

Quoting Anonymous: I would not hold my son's food for him I make him do it himself and if he chooses not to eat oh well he just doesn't eat. He won't starve he will eventually figure out you aren't going to hold it and he needs to do it himself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM
He won't starve kids are stubborn. There are some days my son hardly eats a thing that's just the way he is and his weight may change a pound here and there. It's just how he is. Usually he will have days where he won't stop eating. If the kid gets hungry enough he will eat

Quoting poisonedtaco:

I only do it once a week. All week long he won't do it. He just throws his food. And he's been losing weight...

Quoting Anonymous: I would not hold my son's food for him I make him do it himself and if he chooses not to eat oh well he just doesn't eat. He won't starve he will eventually figure out you aren't going to hold it and he needs to do it himself

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM

My little girl went through a phase like this. She will still sometimes try to lean forward and just take a bite from my hand now and then. She is almost 17 months now and mostly eats with her own hands, lol. I don't think it's a huge deal, he will eat when he is hungry enough.

mayalove
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM
My ds has never done that. He want so do it all by himself and if I try to help he gets pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Slap his hand when he throws it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Is it all food or just certain items?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Just stop holding his food for him. He obviously is going to keep making you because you keep doing it. He's not going to starve himself, he'll eventually start using utensils.

poisonedtaco
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM

All food. He wasn't always like this though. I'm kinda thinking maybe it's just a phase and he wants to be the baby... which is odd, because he is the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it all food or just certain items?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM
It's because that's how you taught him to eat. By feeding him. My kids have literally never been fed by me. Self feeding is important.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)