• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bulimic people come from crazy families while anorexic people...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 28 Replies

come from families with high standards...

Tell me that is a ridiculous statement please! To just have a blanket statement like that for everyone that is anorexic or bulimic is ridiculous!! My dh is in a class and had his exam today and those were two of the questions, put into true or false.  I would say that those are opinions, not facts...how can that be a question on a fricken test...ugh i hate his professor though, everything he does is ridiculous, but this one iritated me idk why. 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tennis4lissa
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

bump

staci1103
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM

It's false.  I suffer from both and I didn't come either kind of family.

KatLee42513
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Same and I'm in recovery for anorexia and I canassure you and others eating disorders aaren't a one size fits all life
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
There is correlation between high standards and anorexia. But crazy families sounds unprofessional. It would also be proper to say "there is a higher %" not just "they come from this"
tennis4lissa
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM

i have neither and i was mad when dh told me that those were true or false questions, i swear if i was in this class the prof would be hearing from me everyday about how stupid his statements are

Quoting staci1103:

tennis4lissa
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats exactly what i told my dh, he asked me the question and i was like that cant be a true or false because each person is different, but since your teacher is crazy what did he say was the answer

Quoting KatLee42513: Same and I'm in recovery for anorexia and I canassure you and others eating disorders aaren't a one size fits all life

tennis4lissa
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:45 PM

ya or that there is a correlation etc, not anorexic people come from families with high standards...true or false...thats what it said! whatever the prof is stupid, he revised the scientific method becuase he said the book was "wrong" he uses his opinions as fact in his class, so glad i'm not in his class

Quoting Retrokitty: There is correlation between high standards and anorexia. But crazy families sounds unprofessional. It would also be proper to say "there is a higher %" not just "they come from this"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Agreed. Those are stupid questions. I've had both in the past and my childhood was pretty normal.
staci1103
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM

What class is this for?

Quoting tennis4lissa:

i have neither and i was mad when dh told me that those were true or false questions, i swear if i was in this class the prof would be hearing from me everyday about how stupid his statements are

Quoting staci1103:

tennis4lissa
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:23 PM

its called contemporary american society, the topics are so varied they literally talk about everything, from science, to family, religion, education, the governement

Quoting staci1103:

What class is this for?

Quoting tennis4lissa:

Quoting staci1103:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)