Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dogs are not leash trained

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
They have never been on a leash ever.

There is no reason for them to be. They are well trained and know how to heel without the leash, we have no leash law here, and mostly we only take them out on our property or other dog friendly places

People seem so shocked to hear that my dogs have never been leash trained but really it is common in places like where I live
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Leash trained, not leashed trained.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Thank you for that...apparently in my phone "leash" is not a word but "leashed" is

Quoting Danesmommy1: Leash trained, not leashed trained.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Darn autocorrect, lol.

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you for that...apparently in my phone "leash" is not a word but "leashed" is

Quoting Danesmommy1: Leash trained, not leashed trained.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:18 PM
There is always a need for dogs to know this. Like if they ever need to stay at the vet fir the day. They would have to have a leash to be walked there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:19 PM
They have all been to the vet even overnight.
My vet is a close personal friend though and has never had issues with it *shrugs*

Quoting KyliesMom5: There is always a need for dogs to know this. Like if they ever need to stay at the vet fir the day. They would have to have a leash to be walked there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:19 PM
But.......Are your children leash trained?

Hot debate earlier ;)
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM
That you know of. Dog's that are not leash trained especially those that either don't move or fight the leash are a pain. Those dogs make it VERY difficult to catch a urine or for the vet to watch their movement if they are there for limping. There are a lot of situations that my dog's will probably never experience but they will have the training so there will never be an issue.

Quoting Anonymous: They have all been to the vet even overnight.
My vet is a close personal friend though and has never had issues with it *shrugs*

Quoting KyliesMom5: There is always a need for dogs to know this. Like if they ever need to stay at the vet fir the day. They would have to have a leash to be walked there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)