Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I never wash my face

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM
  • 29 Replies

My co-workers and I were discussing our skin today and they all seemed really grossed out that I have never used any kind of soap on my skin. I only use tepid water and my fingers to wash my face and if I wear makeup, I remove it with a cold cream and my fingers. Never a washcloth. They seemed to think it was gross. 

I always follow up with a cream and I have always had perfect skin and have never had a pimple/blackhead in my life. 

I really don't understand why they were so horrified as I was taught to NEVER use soap on my face or cleansers. Is this so odd?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Childofares
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:24 PM

BUMP!

dreamarrow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM
I don't think it's odd if it works for your skin.
I've had mild acne since I was a teenager and I have to use face products. I've been fortunate enough to finally find a product that keeps my skin clear.
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Not odd at all.I don't use soaps on my face either.Just a baking soda/water paste and rinse.It keeps my face blemish free.

Childofares
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I didn't think it was odd but they all said it was gross. I don't think I've ever discussed skin care with people so I thought it was common to wash your face this way. My Mom, aunts, and grandmother all do this so I just assumed it was normal. 

Quoting dreamarrow: I don't think it's odd if it works for your skin. I've had mild acne since I was a teenager and I have to use face products. I've been fortunate enough to finally find a product that keeps my skin clear.

lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM
My aunt used to have terrible skin and then she started doing what you do. Now her skin is awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM
That's very French from what I've heard. I knew a girl from Paris when I was in college and this is what she did and said all her French friends did.
Childofares
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM

doesn't the baking soda dry your face out? 

Quoting MrsApple:

Not odd at all.I don't use soaps on my face either.Just a baking soda/water paste and rinse.It keeps my face blemish free.

Childofares
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM

My great grandma lived in France for a few years after WW2 so maybe that is where she learned it.

Quoting Anonymous: That's very French from what I've heard. I knew a girl from Paris when I was in college and this is what she did and said all her French friends did.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Not at all.I only do it twice a week.I'm sure if i did it daily it might dry it out.

Quoting Childofares:

doesn't the baking soda dry your face out? 

Quoting MrsApple:

dreamarrow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I know many people who don't wash their faces ( with product) and many who do. If it works for you I don't see why anyone would think it's gross unless your skin looked bad. It's probably just the thought that's it's unhygienic like not washing your body. Lots of people are taught they need to wash their faces

Quoting Childofares:

I didn't think it was odd but they all said it was gross. I don't think I've ever discussed skin care with people so I thought it was common to wash your face this way. My Mom, aunts, and grandmother all do this so I just assumed it was normal. 

Quoting dreamarrow: I don't think it's odd if it works for your skin.
I've had mild acne since I was a teenager and I have to use face products. I've been fortunate enough to finally find a product that keeps my skin clear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)