• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting fed up with SO mom

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
Today I had to drop some paperwork off at my SO mom house and help here with a few things. as soon as she took the blanket off my daughter carseat she started complaining that I dont have shoes on my daughter feet and that I need to start putting shoes on her. Talking about young moms these days just don't know how to parent right. My daughter has plenty pairs of shoes I just don't put them on her unless it's a special occasion or I just want her to be dressy, I usually put socks on her that matches the outfit if I'm not putting shoes in her I dont believe in making babies where shoes until their are a year old I did the same thing with my boys and they are just fine.

I helped do the few things she needed me to and when I got done I went into the kitchen where she and my daughter was at and she was feeding her spicy rice with shrimp in there, I got mad and went to grab my daughter because I have told her I don't know many times not to feed her that because it upsets her tummy. I just packed her up and left because I had nothing nice to say.

This lady has always tried to tell me what to do with my daughter and never fallow any of my rules. When my daughter was first born she tried to tell me how to hold her, how to feed, change and put her to sleep. To her I was doing everything wrong, she would get Pissed when I would remind her I had 6 year old twins and I know what I'm doing . I got to the point where I stopped answering my phone I was severely sick after birth and if she wasn't going to do anything but tell me what I was doing is wrong I didn't want to be bothered with her.

Two weeks ago she babysat for us and the whole way home we couldn't figure out why she was crying until we got home and took everything off her and realized she put some shoes on her that were to little for her feet, and she had a upset tummy my son told me she was feeding her bunch of food.

After our little disagreement today she called my SO when he got off of work telling that I was rude disrespectful and disregarded everything she said today and now she is hurt and now he is mad at me but honestly I don't care I didn't say anything rude to her and if she wants to act like that they both can go to hell
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM

how old is your dd?

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Your SO needs to have a talk with his mommy

miaamor77
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM
She will be 11 months on the 5th

Quoting ilovemykids323:

how old is your dd?

miaamor77
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM
We have been down that road before it's always the same thing he has such a mama's boy and she manipulates him.

Quoting Tracylynn100:

Your SO needs to have a talk with his mommy

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I would just ignore her and have SO talk to her maybe? She needs to butt out and let oyu be. babies dont need shoes. It's better for htem when they are learning to walk to not have them. :)

Quoting miaamor77: She will be 11 months on the 5th
Quoting ilovemykids323:

how old is your dd?

BmoreRavens
by Raven on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I cannot imagine treating my DIL this way, and putting my son in the middle. When my DIL and I had a difference of opinion we talked it over - respectfully!

She has come to me many times to get my advice - so when she doesn't ask for my advice I know that she has things under control, and I keep my mouth shut! :)

miaamor77
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Him talking to her is no good but I am going to ignore her when she acts like that she is being ridiculous, she has raised her kids and I'm going raise mine the way I see fit, I did the same with my boys and they walk just fine one was bold legged when he first start walking but it had nothing to do with me not putting shoes on him all the time.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

I would just ignore her and have SO talk to her maybe? She needs to butt out and let oyu be. babies dont need shoes. It's better for htem when they are learning to walk to not have them. :)

Quoting miaamor77: She will be 11 months on the 5th
Quoting ilovemykids323:

how old is your dd?

miaamor77
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I dont know why she acts like this towards me, I have never been rude or disrespectful towards her in anyway when she tries to get overbearing I nicely remind her this is not my first child.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

I cannot imagine treating my DIL this way, and putting my son in the middle. When my DIL and I had a difference of opinion we talked it over - respectfully!

She has come to me many times to get my advice - so when she doesn't ask for my advice I know that she has things under control, and I keep my mouth shut! :)

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I ran into this. I finally had enough and told him since he chose his mom over me then he could take care of her. I stopped going over there. He could take the kids, but I didn't let her watch them and the only time they went was with him. I told him I was done with the fight. It was so rewarding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BmoreRavens
by Raven on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Quoting miaamor77: I dont know why she acts like this towards me, I have never been rude or disrespectful towards her in anyway when she tries to get overbearing I nicely remind her this is not my first child.
Quoting BmoreRavens:

She sounds a bit controlling and manipulative. And involving her son in this is a HUGE no no - in my book! Your hubby should not be siding with his mother against you; which is why she should not have involved him! 

I suppose part of your MIL over- involvement with your child is her need to be NEEDED?! Whatever the reason - I wouldn't be too hard on her in the interest of peace and harmony in the family. Level with her as to how her behavior causes you to feel, and how it would mean a lot to you if things were different so that you can have a good relationship with her.

I wouldn't have a problem with her putting shoes on the baby's feet IF they fit. I would have a problem with her giving the baby foods that the baby should not be eating.

If she wants to be respected than she needs to be respectful of you, and that means following your wishes in all of the important things. But  do let her have her way a little, too! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)