• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You wiped a booger on it??? ***vent

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM
  • 0 Replies

Okay, so I process applications for dischargining student loans. I work for a state agency that services Federal and Private student loans. 

My job is not pleasant in the slightest. I have to handle forms that people send in. Like the actual forms that people fill out. Oh, that's not so bad you say? 

Today I had to actually touch applications that were covered in several mystery substances. Could have been soda, coffee, chocolate milk... diarreah... only God and the person that sent the form in like that knows what happened to it. 

I'm pretty sure I had an application the other day that had semen on it. At least it smelled a lot like semen. 

One form today had a FUCKING BOOGER ON IT. Seriously? Someone wiped a booger on their form. I have to touch that stuff. Because it's our agency policy to send you back your orignial application once we process it. 

My department head will not order gloves for us to use because "it's not in the budget" and I can't afford to buy them myself because I work for the fricking government for Christ's sake. 

I understand that people are pissed about having to pay back student loans. But honestly, think about the people working in the places you are sending your payments and forms to. People actually have to touch that crap and they don't enjoy working there any more than you enjoy having to pay your loans back. I promise you. 

Please, please, please do not wipe boogers on your forms. You have a college education. You should know better. 

Oh, and if you think you might qualify for a discharge on your student loans or want to know more about it: 

http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)