• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you save your

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM
  • 32 Replies
Wedding dress? I have mine clean and boxed but I also had a cloak made for my wedding and I'm not sure what I should do with it. It was a winter wedding and I didn't want to throw on a coat so I had it made to the length of my dress. It was pretty but I'm not sure if I should save it or sell it. Curious what others did with their stuff?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I ended up losing mine in a flood but had it for about 9 yrs. at that point. I felt bad getting rid of it so I just kept it. 

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Wear it! Watching game of throans i pften wonder why people stopped wearing cloaks! I mean they cover the whole body unlike coats. I want one. They need to be in fashion!
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Still have mine in my closet lol

momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM
If I had something really formal to I would. However its floor length and lined in faux fur so its pretty dressy for a whatever occasion.

Quoting krusesbaby: Wear it! Watching game of throans i pften wonder why people stopped wearing cloaks! I mean they cover the whole body unlike coats. I want one. They need to be in fashion!
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I have it, but its just clutter. Id like to get rid of it, but its an odd thing to rid yourself of.
EyEmTuRtLe
by Turtle on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I still have my dress and pearls but not anything else that I wore. Unless money or storage is tight then I'd keep the cloak.

Heisenberg
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Yes but I never had it preserved. I haven't looked at it since the day after our wedding when I took it off.

momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM
My wedding dress is still at my parents in their closet. My mom keeps trying to send it home with me but they have more closet space than I do.

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Still have mine in my closet lol

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I just rented my dress. lol

momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM
No. There's no real reason to sell it other than the fact that I see the bag hanging in my closet everyday and I constantly think about how its probably going to be there another 20 years untouched.

Quoting EyEmTuRtLe:

I still have my dress and pearls but not anything else that I wore. Unless money or storage is tight then I'd keep the cloak.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)