Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am really excited!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM
  • 17 Replies
5 moms liked this
Today was an awesome day, school wise, which most of you know is my life right now.

1. I got my test grade back from the 6 chapter test I took on Tuesday. I got a 93%. Covered Neurology, Gastroenterology, Toxicology/Toxic Exposure, Nephrology/Urology, Anaphylaxis/Allergic Reactions, Endocrinology.

2. Found out I recieved the highest grade in the class by a large margin :))and was excited to beat my friend in highest. He and I have been "competing" since the first portion of the program (EMT) starting over a year and a half ago. We were always a point or two within each other for highest grade and it's gone now. He's beat me on the last 2 test and I was excited.

3. I re-established my first place spot in highest GPA in the program.

4. I was given an amazing compliment from one of the adjunct instructors after finishing my scenario.

5. We have started the progess of choosing our internship stations and planning for our internship and beginning to practice our final skills for our final practical.

I can't believe that it's almost time to intern!!! Only 2 more months. By the end of this month we will "have learned and know everything you need to know to graduate as a Paramedic, except Pediatrics". It just doesn't seem so! We'll only be going 2 days a week in the first half of the semester and coming into class one day a week during our internship. We'll be working the exact same schedual as the medics we ride with. 24 hours on shift, 48 hours off and we get to pick the day wen come to school.

I'm sorry this is lengthy but I'm so excited, it kind of hit me hard. After knowing how well I did on this previous test, I have zero worry about passing this semester!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Bump
alexsmommy2010
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Thats awsome. I always wanted to be a trauma nurse. Was the questions you missed stuff you knew and thought duh?
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Yeah for the most part. Two of them I couldn't decide between 2 answers and got them wrong but now I see what I did wrong.

Quoting alexsmommy2010: Thats awsome. I always wanted to be a trauma nurse. Was the questions you missed stuff you knew and thought duh?
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Be proud of yourself, you're doing so great!

Congrats!!! It's quite comforting to hear how seriously your EMT class is taking their studies... Someday y'all will be saving LIVES.

sassygoddess
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You go girl!!!!! woohoo

Sassy762
by 200 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That is fantastic news

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Your post are always so long. But good job. I made it half was thru before I decided to move on and post a reply
alexsmommy2010
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I just got gtube certification and I missed the stupidest question. It was symptoms you can have and the answer was all of the above. I

Quoting BeAmour: Yeah for the most part. Two of them I couldn't decide between 2 answers and got them wrong but now I see what I did wrong.

Quoting alexsmommy2010: Thats awsome. I always wanted to be a trauma nurse. Was the questions you missed stuff you knew and thought duh?
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I am super proud. I'm a single mom and have maintained an A all throughout this program and have maintained the highest GPA except last semester at the very end where my friend got me by 2 points. Lol

We do take it very seriously and we all have competitions for grades and skills. We're all determined to be the best medics we can be!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Be proud of yourself, you're doing so great!

Congrats!!! It's quite comforting to hear how seriously your EMT class is taking their studies... Someday y'all will be saving LIVES.

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats on your good test
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)