Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I almost had a heart attack! Parenting fail, pictures! ETA :(

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 91 Replies
2 moms liked this

My son was sleeping so I decided to fold some laundry and have a snack. I chose those cherries that you put on ice cream. Me being the fat girl I am I took the whole jar. Well while I was folding laundry my son woke up and let out a blood curdling scream. I jump up, throw the cherries and shorts I was folding on the end table and run to him. He's fine, he just wanted to know where I was lol. So I set him on the floor with his toys and go pee. I walk into this and just about had a heart attack! OMG! I thought something was seriously wrong!

I then realized that I must have put the bottle of cherries and juice on top of a pair of shorts. The shorts were hanging down off of the end table and he grabbed it. What a mess! He immediately had to go in the bath. My heart is still beating! What a scare! It went in his eyes and everything :( But I rinsed his face and it doesn't seem to be bothering him. I also got it ALL out of the carpet! I'm surprised! That's my parent fail for today.

ETA: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The carpet just dried and there are some spots that are pink! BOO!!! I'll have to do it over again tomorrow. Dang it! lol

Oh, I just used a carpter steamer and dish soap to get it out for those asking lol

I'm a loud laughing, hug giving, million kisses, bed sharing, breastfeeding, attachment parenting, teen mother!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwo0406
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Cute little guy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Def looks like blood throw up ahhhh. So how did you get it out of the carpet? :)
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol you okay?
Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm sorry you were frightened, but that's adorable. He wears the cherry zombie look well. lol

jkristin48066
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww cute baby
LibraBalance
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg. I would have died. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

What a cute baby!!! Cherry juice and all :). Sorry you had a scare!

Lisha77
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I would have been screaming my head off!!!! Cute baby!
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, scary but cute story now, I guess?

Props to you for getting it out of the rug! Your success cancelled out your parent fail!

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:13 PM
4 moms liked this

The housekeeping win of getting all that out of your carpet so well effectively cancels out the parenting fail of leaving the cherries on the table.

How did you get all that out?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)