Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He let my 16 year old DD get a tramp stamp!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

My ex took my 16 year old DD to get a tramp stamp. It is a butterfly and while it is not the worst tattoo in the world it is not great 

She asked me for a tattoo and I told her no because it was a spur of the moment thing and she hadnt even thought about it

But her dad sees no problem with tattoos and took her to get it done without hesitation. 

I could punch them both! UGH 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Eh she gets it done now or in 2 years it's not going to make a difference. I wouldn't sign to have my kids get one done unless it had some.meaning behind it, my cousin got one done for her sister that died, at 15 or 16. I would be okay with that.
NajwaLaylah
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this

First thought: "What failure of his own as a father is he trying to compensate for?"

On the bright side, it's only skin deep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Somethinf meaningful that she had been thinking about for awhile o would be okay with also....she was "against" tattoos until 24 hours before she got it...then she just went to the shop and picked one out.

Quoting Anonymous: Eh she gets it done now or in 2 years it's not going to make a difference. I wouldn't sign to have my kids get one done unless it had some.meaning behind it, my cousin got one done for her sister that died, at 15 or 16. I would be okay with that.
tbanana
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:49 AM

No 16 year old should be getting tattoos. I'd be furious!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:50 AM
What changed her mind in 24 hours? When did she ask you for one?

Quoting Anonymous: Somethinf meaningful that she had been thinking about for awhile o would be okay with also....she was "against" tattoos until 24 hours before she got it...then she just went to the shop and picked one out.

Quoting Anonymous: Eh she gets it done now or in 2 years it's not going to make a difference. I wouldn't sign to have my kids get one done unless it had some.meaning behind it, my cousin got one done for her sister that died, at 15 or 16. I would be okay with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM

One of her friends got a tattoo and then all of a sudden it was cool

She asked me Friday I told her no she went it got it with her dad later that night

Quoting Anonymous: What changed her mind in 24 hours? When did she ask you for one?
Quoting Anonymous: Somethinf meaningful that she had been thinking about for awhile o would be okay with also....she was "against" tattoos until 24 hours before she got it...then she just went to the shop and picked one out.

latashac
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:57 AM
I would be upset but it would take me less time to get over it. Out of everything she could do at 16, a tattoo isn't that bad. She is young and if she decides later in life she doesn't want it she can have it removed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:57 AM
Oh man, I would be so angry. I don't have a problem with tattoos at all, but think before you get one. Sadly, many people over 18 also get one on a whim and regret it later.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Well, if you are in the DFW area, groupon has a deal on tattoo removal right now...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Get over it. It is just a tattoo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)